Return to “Polls”

Would you like a playthrough as described below?

Yes
Total votes: 41 (87%)
No
Total votes: 6 (13%)
Total votes: 47
Community Playthrough

Hey all :D , I was wondering how you feel about this. Community Playthroughs are big for Adventure Games, where each week everyone tries to get to one specific point in the game and shares their experience.

For a procedural exploration game, I've always enjoyed exploring it together, so this might be fun:
  • A communal playthrough thread would feature a world seed that is shared amongst the players.
  • Each week explorers fan out.
  • Experiences, findings and pictures can be shared in the thread and could be summarised in a communal star chart.
  • At the end of the week the most interesting directions are put in a poll to decide where to go next.
  • At some point the communal exploration would come to an end, for example a month of exploring or more.
The exploration scheme is built on how I have explored Minecraft in multiplayer: travel to a new location together, set up camp, spread out and explore, repeat. This kind of play through in LT would be an early game experience.

Of course, after a playthrough ends everyone is free to continue with the world as they please, or join in on a new playthrough.

Suggestions and opinions welcome!
Re: Community Playthrough

Eery Petrol wrote:
  • Experiences, findings and pictures can be shared in the thread and could be summarised in a communal star chart.
  • At the end of the week the most interesting directions are put in a poll to decide where to go next.
The exploration scheme is built on how I have explored Minecraft in multiplayer: travel to a new location together, set up camp, spread out and explore, repeat. This kind of play through in LT would be an early game experience.
Out of interest, could you supply a link to an example of a thread like this in minecraft?
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."
Re: Community Playthroughs on the LT board

Eery Petrol wrote:Oh, what I meant with that was that in that game, we were all on the same server and yet we were interacting in a simple way that could also be facilitated by a forum thread. But with a server being available we didn't do that.
Bummer. That would have been an interesting read.

But it's still a cool idea. We should try and run something like it here using Minecraft as well - a test run for co-ordinating something like this on the forums before we actually get our hands on Limit Theory.

Anyone interested?
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Online Now