Return to “Polls”

Would you like it if you couldn't permanently kill NPCs?

Yes
Total votes: 17 (20%)
No
Total votes: 67 (80%)
Total votes: 84
Would you like it if you couldn't permanently kill NPCs?

To settle a debate in IRC: if Limit Theory were to feature death mechanics such that all NPCs were essentially able to respawn indefinitely (e.g. by always being able to have access to a free clone service), in a way that meant you could never permanently kill any NPCs, would you find that mechanic to be desirable or annoying?

If NPCs had some reason to frequent particular systems (for instance, if they had stations or other facilities established there), this would likely mean the player would see the same NPCs over and over again, no matter how many times they killed them.

Another characteristic is that it makes it straightforward to implement perma-respawn for the player and maintain player-NPC symmetry.

Edit: Here are the full logs from IRC, from the moment TGS suggested the idea until the moment I left.
Spoiler:      SHOW
<TGS> A clone cost would be good. That could scale upwards if you are dying too frequently.

* Zantai has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)

<ThymineC> It'd be good but not sufficient

<TGS> Eh? How do you figure?

<ThymineC> Firstly, would it be possible to ever not be able to afford a clone and die permanently?

<ThymineC> Or would you always be able to afford a clone?

<TGS> Well if you adopted the EVE concept you could start applying penalties to having a clone that isn't high enough quality. IE losing skills.

<ThymineC> But you could always afford one?

<ThymineC> Like a clone grade alpha in EVE, which is free

<TGS> Well I'd say yes. Though that could be an option in the starting 'options' of the game. Whether or not you have a free very low-quality clone if you don't have another.

<TGS> IE enabling a permadeath situation

<TGS> If you don't have a clone.

<ThymineC> Okay, so let's go with one at a time then

<ThymineC> Let's assume you can always afford a clone

<ThymineC> Should the player be treated the same as NPCs?

<TGS> In what context?

<ThymineC> Just in general

<TGS> Yes.

<ThymineC> But here, in the context of death mechanics

<ThymineC> Should death mechanics apply to NPCs as they do to players?

<TGS> But as Josh outlined, there are two types of 'npc's'

<TGS> They can, but they don't have to. I'd say this is one of those things that probably doesn't need to be conveyed to the player.

<TGS> Except maybe within the context of their own subordinates.

<ThymineC> So you would argue in favour of NPC/player asymmetry?

<ThymineC> For death mechanics

<TGS> I would.

<ThymineC> What makes the player so special?

<ThymineC> Why can the player afford clones indefinitely but no other person in the universe can?

<TGS> Who said they can't?

<ThymineC> You said you didn't want to support asymmetry

<ThymineC> *symmetry, rather

<TGS> In the case of death yes.

<ThymineC> Okay, and I'm talking about death mechanics

<TGS> In every other context no.

<TGS> And with death, only because how other NPC's die or manage dying isn't really a concern of the player.

<ThymineC> It matters, though.

<ThymineC> I will ask a series of Yes/no questions

<TGS> I mean... so what if Joe Star comes back or not in the universe because he had a clone.

<ThymineC> Can the player always afford a basic clone?

<TGS> As I said. Would depend on the pregame options set. Which would provide the 'option' for permadeath or not.

<ThymineC> Just pick one.

<ThymineC> For now.

<TGS> I'm not going to be locked into yes or no answers for something that is not black and white.

<ThymineC> It's a yes/no question

<TGS> And I choose not to answer it.

<ThymineC> Either the player will select permadeath at that screen

<ThymineC> Or they will not

<ThymineC> So pick one.

<TGS> Oh right, different question.

<TGS> In my case it would be no. I don't really care for permadeath.

<TGS> But that's just me.

<ThymineC> Okay, so the player can respawn infinitely often?

<ThymineC> They can always afford a basic clone?

<TGS> Well yes. But not quite in that context. But yes.

<ThymineC> Will NPCs be able to use clones as well?

<TGS> As Josh outlined the "player" npc's yes. The worker npc's no.

<TGS> (But then again you can say they aren't alive)

<ThymineC> Yes, assume "NPC" = "player-like NPC" from now on

<TGS> Then yes.

<ThymineC> Okay, can NPCs buy clones indefinitely, like the player?

<TGS> Hmm that's hard to answer as there isn't really a context. But I'd lean towards yes.

<ThymineC> Okay, so basically you can't truly kill any NPC ever?

<ThymineC> No matter how many times you try to kill an NPC, they will never permanently stay dead?

<TGS> Sure why not.

<ThymineC> Because that doesn't sound fun from a gamist perspective.

<ThymineC> That I won't be able to truly kill any NPC.

<TGS> Why are you even thinking about that?

<TGS> Why do you have to make that connection?

<TGS> Omfg *I* can't die... so that means because NPC's are the same as me... they cannot die either?

<TGS> Omfg I can't kill npc's???

<TGS> Yeah I don't make that leap

<TGS> Nor would I think most people would.

<ThymineC> Well that's an implication of your proposed mechanics.

<ThymineC> That's exactly what happens if we propose your mechanic.

<TGS> Of course it is. But this is what I would call "thinking too much about it"

<ThymineC> No.

<ThymineC> This is called pointing out the flaws in a proposed mechanic.

<TGS> How is it a flaw if it is only uncovered when you think about things that you don't need to think about?

<ThymineC> Why would players not think about it?

<ThymineC> As the players played they'd find they could never kill NPCs permanently

<TGS> Same reason most players don't try to unravel the mysteries of the mechanics of any game they're playing. "Why does this happen?"

<ThymineC> They'd find they were killing the same NPCs over and over again

<TGS> It's an infinite universe... why would they need to be killing the same npc's over and over again?

<TGS> Why would they ever need to encounter that npc again?

<ThymineC> Because both the player and other NPC may have invested assets or capital into a small set of systems

<TGS> The 'death' of that NPC shouldn't be a factor that comes up in the minds of the player. Unless the very random variable odds have that player encounter the same npc again.

<ThymineC> What if both the player and the NPC are rival CEOs with HQs based in nearby systems?

<TGS> Ah see that's another issue entirely.

<ThymineC> Why?

<TGS> Because even if you kill the npc permanently. The assets owned by the CEO wouldn't disappear. They'd probably go to the next in line.

<TGS> So the fact of said NPC having assets/position/whatever is irrelevant to his/her death.

<TGS> So back to the issue of their death.

<TGS> Again I propose that this is a very large universe.

<ThymineC> But they wouldn't go to the next in line

<ThymineC> Because the CEO is still alive

<TGS> Yes you might encounter an npc you killed a year ago.

<TGS> So?

<TGS> Why is the player even thinking about that?

<ThymineC> Because it's frustrating

<TGS> Why is the player worrying about the particular npc controlling x corporation?

<TGS> Yeah... to YOU

<TGS> Someone who clearly overthinks things.

<ThymineC> No, in general

<ThymineC> Think about it

<ThymineC> If you and many other NPCs frequented a system

<TGS> No I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't think about the specific npc's they kill.

<ThymineC> And you killed a bunch of NPCs over and over and over again and they kept coming back

<ThymineC> You would find that annoying

<TGS> Yes... I agree. If you think about it in the context that you killed them and they instantly appear in the exact same place you killed them.

<TGS> But they wouldn't.

<ThymineC> But why not?

<TGS> In fact ideally you should never encounter them again because they shouldn't 'reappear' anywhere near you. The miracle of the clone system would be that they turn up where their clone is. Which ideally would be somewhere far away... safe.

<ThymineC> They wouldn't instantly re-appear, but they'd have clone contracts with stations that are potentially close by

<TGS> Not right near where they died. That's just silly.

<TGS> Why?

<TGS> Just because you do that doesn't mean they have to.

<ThymineC> Why is that silly?

<ThymineC> If my HQ are in system X

<ThymineC> my clones are likely going to be near to X

<TGS> Let me put it this way.

<ThymineC> and wars I fight are likely to be near to X

<TGS> Is every 'npc' going to exist in the universe as a killable ship?

<TGS> Or are there going to be some npc's that stay in stations

<TGS> Some that you never see because they're too busy doing their job.

<TGS> The point I'm getting at. Is that the death of the NPC's should not be the concern of the player.

<ThymineC> Player-like NPCs are likely going to be flying around in ships

<TGS> If you are intentionally making that connection... you're really just giving yourself a headache for no reason.

<TGS> Why?

<TGS> Why not have the logic "Okay... I just died flying out there... maybe I'll take a breather and just stay in the office for awhile"

<ThymineC> Would the player do that?

<TGS> So unless you write down the name of every npc you kill... and cross reference that with every npc you encounter...

* TGS facepalms

<ThymineC> Not really, you'd just notice the same names cropping up and over and over

<ThymineC> It would be annoying as hell

<TGS> Did you seriously just ask me if the player would do it?

<ThymineC> Yes

<ThymineC> It'll be problematic, as I explain here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2506&start=45#p39394

<TGS> Yes... cause we need to make the npc's and the players have the same thought process. OR IMMERSION BROKEN lol.

<TGS> Come on mate lol

<ThymineC> And my proposal resolves the issue anyway

<TGS> I'm not going to read another one of your massive threads.

<TGS> Sorry.

<TGS> Not interested.

<ThymineC> How old are you by the way?

<TGS> You tried to find flaws in my proposed logic. You failed.

<ThymineC> No, you just don't recognise them.

<ThymineC> We could hold a poll, if you like.

<TGS> No, I don't. For good reason.

<TGS> What would that solve?

<TGS> Or are you trying to prove to me that you are somehow right?

<TGS> Because I already know how that will go.

<TGS> You will construct it in a way that makes your position appear much more valid and likely than it would in reality.

<TGS> I can easily explain this by comparing it to Freelancer.

<TGS> I wouldn't know *ANYONE* who remembers the name of every named NPC they encounter.

<Thor446> http://justgetflux.com/

<TGS> Then freak out if they see it again.

<TGS> And they are bound to see it again.

<TGS> Because there simply aren't an infinite number of names with which to generate.

<TGS> Point is, you are overthinking it. It doesn't have to be a pure black and white issue. This is why I am in favor of asymmetry in this case.

<TGS> Because put simply, the player shouldn't be thinking that hard about how the npc's die.

<TGS> If the player IS thinking that hard about how the npc's die and how they return... then that's a problem for that person to deal with. Not the game.

<TGS> Personally the player and npcs will never be truly the same in a similar vein to this. NPC's can sit in stations and as far as the player is concerned be sitting at a desk doing desk work.

<TGS> The player can't do that.

<TGS> Well... there wouldn't be any point for the player to do that.

<ThymineC> viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2687

<ThymineC> You can cast the "Yes" vote if you like

<ThymineC> Balance it at 1-1 to make it fair

* TGS rolls his eyes

<TGS> Seriously?

<ThymineC> What?

<TGS> How did I know you were going to do that.

<ThymineC> Seriously what?

<ThymineC> Because I said I would?

<TGS> [09:08:40] <+ThymineC> We could hold a poll, if you like.

<TGS> Pretty sure you asked if I would like you to.

<ThymineC> > <TGS> Or are you trying to prove to me that you are somehow right?

<TGS> And I made it clear I didn't.

<TGS> Yet you did it anyway.

<ThymineC> Yes, pretty much this.

<ThymineC> Well, I meant to imply

<ThymineC> "I'm going to post a poll"

<TGS> Except that you aren't. Because this is purely a matter of perspective. And you my friend clearly overthink things. And you are going to imply that others do as well, in fact you're probably reaching out for others to do the same thing.

<TGS> Ah just read the thread and as I suspected you constructed it in a way to make your 'perspective' far more likely than it needs to be.

<ThymineC> Actually, I modified it

<ThymineC> Another characteristic is that it makes it straightforward to implement perma-respawn for the player and maintain player-NPC symmetry.

<ThymineC> So it seems pretty fair now

<ThymineC> I need to go to sleep soon as I've got to be up for work tomorrow

<ThymineC> But I'll be interested to see how the poll goes
Last edited by ThymineC on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Would you like it if you couldn't permanently kill NPCs?

Wow... even the title of this thread sways in favor of Thymine's argument.
ThymineC wrote:To settle a debate in IRC: if Limit Theory were to feature death mechanics such that all NPCs were essentially able to respawn indefinitely (e.g. by always being able to have access to a free clone service), in a way that meant you could never permanently kill any NPCs, would you find that mechanic to be desirable or annoying?
Okay this is a debate that Thymine and I are having on IRC right now. So to give some perspective. I brought up the potential for players to have a clone system with which to have infinite 'lives' (optional at pregame of course). He opened with a series of yes or no questions to try to poke holes in my proposal because he seems to think that if the player had this system, and it applied to the NPC's as well (The player NPC's not the worker NPC's) then that automatically means that you would/should encounter the same NPC's again. And he takes issue with this.

So I will clarify, I didn't actually imply or suggest that would be the case. In fact I gave an example where the NPC might have a clone in a distant 'safe' system and the likely chance is what we'd never encounter them again. Or likewise the NPC could do what players cannot, and stay stationed in a station in a desk job because they are too 'afraid' to die again. You can come up with many scenarios that remove the possibility of encountering said npc again at least for a fair amount of time.
ThymineC wrote:If NPCs had some reason to frequent particular systems (for instance, if they had stations or other facilities established there), this would likely mean the player would see the same NPCs over and over again, no matter how many times they killed them.
This is clearly an attempt at constructing this argument to suggest that because of this proposal, you would without doubt encounter the same NPC's over and over. Very silly notion really.

So I'll reiterate. If you choose not to be 'hardcore' and have permadeath there is no reason why you cannot have a base level 'free' clone that allows you to keep coming back, with a significant penalty perhaps. To provide symmetry the NPC's could utilize the system as well. But this should not be the concern or worry of the player. Why should the player be concerned with how the NPC's die/don't die? Thymine was uncomfortable with the logic that he cannot ever truly 'kill' npc's. Again a thought process that shouldn't need to occur within the player. This is ultimately where the point of contention existed. I would suggest that Thymine overthinks things a fair bit (As evidenced by his lengthy and excessively technical posts) and this is simply another subject in which overthinking played a part. I personally do not take down the names of every NPC name I kill in freelancer to cross reference it with future kills to make sure I don't encounter an NPC with the same name.

There are going to be things that happen in the game of LT like all games that the player is not aware of. There are going to be mechanics that differ between the player and the NPCs. Josh is doing an excellent job at minimizing these occurrences, but it is really pretty impossible to make NPC's and players function exactly the same in every way. This is simply one of those things. It is fine that it is one of those things because the player does not need to think about what happens when NPC's die with exception to the player's 'hired' npc's. And honestly I think it would be fun to be able to keep the same NPC's if you grow attached to them by buying them nice clones to come back in. And if you don't buy them nice clones, instead of having them die and stay dead they could come back in their freebie clone and choose to leave your employment because it is unsafe and they are not taken care of. Nice and tidy and you don't really have to worry all that much about it.

I'm currently in the field of switching to another NPC after death, or limited re-spawn based off of very expensive clone purchases (enough for a corvette class ship).

I would like to be able to bounty hunt, and bounty hunting is difficult when the target regenerates.

In Space Warrior there is a thriving universe filled with NPCs. Each of these NPCs have names and unique qualities. If one of these NPCs is wealthy it may buy a clone backup of itself for the price of a large spaceship. If the NPC dies the clone of the NPC is awakened and is able to access the property it owns. Life in Space Warrior has bounty hunters, smugglers, gangsters, and other organizations and cultures. If these individuals can't be killed then this game is just a military FPS with little depth, and there is no point in having an occupation.

BFett wrote:I'm currently in the field of switching to another NPC after death, or limited re-spawn based off of very expensive clone purchases (enough for a corvette class ship).

I would like to be able to bounty hunt, and bounty hunting is difficult when the target regenerates.
Not really, you get the bounty if they die. Not if they stay dead lol. Though the main point behind this thread is that from my perspective, the player really shouldn't think too hard about NPC deaths. Thymine on the other hand had this need to think about whether or not the 'clone'/death system available to players is the same as employed by NPC's. Which is a rather complex question given that the player shouldn't be worried about npc's deaths. Unless that NPC is working for them anyway.

I don't particularly like the idea of a flat "respawn". Though with respect, that would really be no different in visible appearance to the player. The possibility (remote, but still possible) chance is still there that the player might encounter the same NPC that they'd killed. I don't really like thinking in those terms though because I can see how that would break immersion if it happened frequently. But with my proposal, that wouldn't necessarily occur regularly if at all. Given that the NPC's can still do something players cannot. "Not" exist in the world. As in the game doesn't have them assigned anywhere. Unless of course Josh intends to have every single NPC have its own data (skillsets, history, memory etc). In which case they could simply remain unloaded for awhile and it could be assumed that they are sitting behind a desk somewhere.

The annoying part is that Thymine and I debated it at length, and in an attempt to appear right. He posted this poll. Which given how it reads, even I would say no. Because I wouldn't like it if I couldn't permanently kill NPC's. (There being an obvious implication that you'll constantly be killing the exact same npc) But that's assuming that I think about it in those terms. Which I wouldn't. If I as the player cannot die, and I assume that NPC's are like me. Then obviously one would assume the same logic applies to them. But that doesn't make killing them any less important if they are in your way.

Edit: In case I misread what you meant, I hadn't considered the possibility of the 'player' ending up as another NPC if they die. Perhaps like a child or something. That is of course a possibility as well, but that to me is no more immersion breaking than simply having clones. Having unlimited children lol.

TGS wrote:...
Edit: In case I misread what you meant, I hadn't considered the possibility of the 'player' ending up as another NPC if they die. Perhaps like a child or something. That is of course a possibility as well, but that to me is no more immersion breaking than simply having clones. Having unlimited children lol.
Yeah, you understand what I meant. Either it's expensive to buy lives, or the player gets to play as different characters after death. The nice thing about the character idea is that if the same could be said for NPCs there would be a partial explanation for unlimited re-spawn with the consequence of potentially losing all of the items that the player had worked so hard to create.

If I understand what you mean you are suggesting that NPCs have full re-spawn yet re-spawn in different parts of the universe as not to break immersion. If this is correct, why not rename the AI after death and be done with it?

BFett wrote:If I understand what you mean you are suggesting that NPCs have full re-spawn yet re-spawn in different parts of the universe as not to break immersion. If this is correct, why not rename the AI after death and be done with it?
Because at that point you have completely separate rules for players and NPC's. The player has unlimited lives/clones. But the NPC's do not. They are dead dead. But the player isn't. Which is what you strive to avoid ideally. To me that would be just as immersion breaking as the small possibility of seeing the same NPC again.

Keep in mind that this is a 'infinite' procedural universe. There is going to have to be a massive super duper giant list of name combos. If NPC's are persistent and player 'cloning' is the method for death handling then by extension either you have the NPC's follow the same rules, or you have a disconnect where the player always comes back but the NPC's do not.

Now you could use the family concept and just say "It's a daughter/son" but that doesn't really fit very well either in this context. You could literally become another person (taking over an NPC) but then you potentially lose everything you had in which case you might as well have just permanently died and come back in the same universe. Which as I understand is how the system will work in a sense anyway. (If you have multiple characters, then you have them all in the same universe)

I believe that lower level, or less progressed NPCs can be killed easily. However, I think the more an NPC procures, the more opportunities he has to preserve himself, be it cloning or escape pod. So yes, you can kill and npc, but it'd be harder the more powerful he was.

One who was really powerful, you'd have to probably wipe out his main base of operations. That would be where his clones respawned. Destroying that base would disable his ability to respawn and thus you could destroy him.

So yes, it should be possible to destroy him. No it should not always be simple.

Yes, I think the same restrictions/benefits should be given to the player. No, not initially.
"I wish that I could turn back time 'cause now all the guilt is mine
can't live without the trust from those you love"

TGS wrote: The player has unlimited lives/clones. But the NPC's do not.
Where was this stated? Currently I believe Josh has it set up for Save / Load mechanics not multiple lives.

I'm slightly confused as to where you are coming from. Are we debating LT or your idea of what LT should be?

BFett wrote:
Where was this stated? Currently I believe Josh has it set up for Save / Load mechanics not multiple lives.

I'm slightly confused as to where you are coming from. Are we debating LT or your idea of what LT should be?
I believe it has been outright stated at some point. I don't know the correct search terms to bring up the post, but I'm pretty sure Josh is a big fan of being able to respawn. This was actually what spawned the original idea of having a 'hardcore' mode in which you don't respawn.

Quite a bit of a stretch, but it is alluded to somewhat here, but I also recognize that this thread is well over a year old.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

BFett wrote:
Sorry mate, that was kind of the whole point of the disconnect Thymine and I had. Basically I was talking about the potential for an EVE-like cloning system if the 'death' system hadn't been implemented yet (I hadn't heard whether it had) and Thymine started with a barrage of yes/no questions to which ended up leading into this debate. Which put simply was me saying that it is okay if NPC's have a perceived similarity to players in that the player can 'assume' that IF they have unlimited lives through the use of a "free" clone should they choose not to buy a better one, that the NPC's have the same. Basically stating that there is no distinct difference between what the player has vs what the NPCs have. Thymine implied that if the NPC's had the same behaviour as the player through the 'free clone' then you would likely face the same NPC over and over. Which directly lead to him asking the question in such a fashion that anyone 'voting' on this poll wouldn't think beyond the premise of killing an NPC over and over. Which was never what I was saying or implying. There are a good number of mechanics and assumptions you could use to avoid that circumstance. Nor does the player need to even worry or think about what happens to NPC's after you kill them.

Basically we had a disagreement on the perception of events upon death. So in order to be right, he asked an essentially loaded question. Now if Josh has already implemented a straight respawn then the whole discussion of clones is sort of moot.
BFett wrote:I'm slightly confused as to where you are coming from. Are we debating LT or your idea of what LT should be?
Neither really. I was simply talking about an idea. A specific idea regarding death. As I said, I don't know if it had been decided. If a literal save/respawn/load system is the one employed then I'm not sure why this thread needed to be made other than Thymine trying to be right through a poll which imo contained a loaded question. Completely foregoing the fact that most of his posts I've seen are extremely detailed and deep, yet this one was oddly sparse and asked a question that any reasonable person would answer no to, including myself.

TGS, I read your counterpoint carefully and with an open mind, and I'm glad you posted it. That said:
TGS wrote:I would suggest that Thymine overthinks things a fair bit (As evidenced by his lengthy and excessively technical posts) and this is simply another subject in which overthinking played a part.
is a personal comment about another member of this forum. It has no value whatsoever in supporting your argument.

"Would you like it if you couldn't permanently kill NPCs?" is a perfectly clear question on an interesting subject, which doesn't seem unfair to me in either its meaning or its phrasing. Just speaking for myself as another forum member, I'm curious to see what others here think about what it's asking. I honestly doubt anyone here will be swayed one way or the other on the basis of the perceived personalities of anyone on either side of it.

Flatfingers wrote:TGS, I read your counterpoint carefully and with an open mind, and I'm glad you posted it. That said:
TGS wrote:I would suggest that Thymine overthinks things a fair bit (As evidenced by his lengthy and excessively technical posts) and this is simply another subject in which overthinking played a part.
is a personal comment about another member of this forum. It has no value whatsoever in supporting your argument.

"Would you like it if you couldn't permanently kill NPCs?" is a perfectly clear question on an interesting subject, which doesn't seem unfair to me in either its meaning or its phrasing. Just speaking for myself as another forum member, I'm curious to see what others here think about what it's asking. I honestly doubt anyone here will be swayed one way or the other on the basis of the perceived personalities of anyone on either side of it.
I said it because of the nature of the debate on chat. In my experience if you have a debate to which you feel you are in need of outside perspective you would normally outline both points of view rather than asking a simple question without including any context of said debate. I am not attempting to be personal but the nature of the debate stemmed from thinking about about something that didn't need additional thought as can be referenced in the game Josh takes a fair bit of inspiration from 'freelancer' l. Did you think about every npc with a name that you killed and retained it to question how the npcs die and may come back from death with the same name. No, a normal reasonable person wouldn't think about it because it doesn't need to be thought about. So Thymine thinking about it is in my opinion over thinking my suggestion specifically to find flaw in it. I can paste the entire chat portion of the debate, but I am not particularly concerned with being right. I don't appreciate that Thymine created this poll and thread to be proven right yet failed to include the context of the debate. Please forgive the run on as I made this post from my phone.

Personaly i like the idea of NPCs respawning and possibly comming back with a vengance.

Of course that would depend on the personality of the NPC, while some will retire from space and live the rest of their new life on a planet or a space station, working other jobs, most will just accept it as a part of being a pilot.
But some might hold a grudge against you, espacialy if you got in the way of a major goal fullfillment oppurtunity.

Adding revenge to a NPCs list of goals might lead to some interesting results, but shouldn't be limited to the player and a relativly rare occurence,
otherfise you might be having entire factions form under the sole purpose to bring you down...

It would add drama, and thats good for a story.

Would be even better if they could talk to you about it, though that might be better left for LT 2 or later.
Damn it Brain .. why?

Online Now