Return to “Polls”

Would you support LT 2 when/if that showed up on kickstarter or somewhere else?

Yes
Total votes: 51 (96%)
No
Total votes: 2 (4%)
Total votes: 53
Re: LT 2

My guess is that the sequel will all be about squirrel fly-fishing.
So no.

As polls go, this one is about as useful as "Will it rain tomorrow? (yes, no, dribble)"
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Victor Tombs wrote:LT2 won't be on Kickstarter. You don't really think Josh wants to put himself through this sort of punishment again do you?
Idk really, i suspect he will go thrugh his own website or thrugh the steam early access.

Katawa wrote:If the first one was good.
If the first one is successful - presumably it being good would translate to a measure of financial success - direct support likely would not be necessary.
Victor Tombs wrote:LT2 won't be on Kickstarter. You don't really think Josh wants to put himself through this sort of punishment again do you?
Even if the development of a sequel won't be crowdfunded, or quite as transparent as Josh's maiden effort, I have every expectation that he will want an active community around the project to generate some inspiration and feedback.
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.

Tom wrote:Even if the development of a sequel won't be crowdfunded, or quite as transparent as Josh's maiden effort, I have every expectation that he will want an active community around the project to generate some inspiration and feedback.
Well, it was confidential when I was first informed but then this was published by Josh:

"To be honest, I think LT2 will be less community-driven than LT1 is. My vision is to get a feel for what people want and work with the community for LT1, and then, after that...go into even deeper reclusion than I am now and just...... :geek: :geek: :geek: until I have a finished game.

The best way to say it is that LT1 is supposed to be kind of a combination of all of our dream games. Like, communally, our dream game. LT2 will be purely my dream game. But it would, hypothetically, probably include modding and multiplayer as well, so it would probably end up being a lot of peoples' dream game (one can hope) :P

Hope that doesn't sound too cold. I do have selfish motivations for LT, hope you guys realize. I'm working towards my dream here, and am not going to be happy until I'm living the Star Wars experience :thumbup:"

Victor Tombs wrote:
Tom wrote:Even if the development of a sequel won't be crowdfunded, or quite as transparent as Josh's maiden effort, I have every expectation that he will want an active community around the project to generate some inspiration and feedback.
Well, it was confidential when I was first informed but then this was published by Josh:

"To be honest, I think LT2 will be less community-driven than LT1 is. My vision is to get a feel for what people want and work with the community for LT1, and then, after that...go into even deeper reclusion than I am now and just...... :geek: :geek: :geek: until I have a finished game.

The best way to say it is that LT1 is supposed to be kind of a combination of all of our dream games. Like, communally, our dream game. LT2 will be purely my dream game. But it would, hypothetically, probably include modding and multiplayer as well, so it would probably end up being a lot of peoples' dream game (one can hope) :P

Hope that doesn't sound too cold. I do have selfish motivations for LT, hope you guys realize. I'm working towards my dream here, and am not going to be happy until I'm living the Star Wars experience :thumbup:"
Works for me. I suspected that Josh would want to work far more independently on his follow up project. Though the feedback and suggestions on the Limit Theory forums are generally of a surprisingly high quality, simply keeping track of everything - something Josh has been unfailingly good about - is a job in and of itself. Regardless, Josh will likely maintain the most useful relationships from this project.

If the game is as enjoyable as following the project and participating on these forums has been interesting then I will consider this to have been a highlight of my participation in the Kickstarter phenomenon.
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.

Tom wrote:Works for me. I suspected that Josh would want to work far more independently on his follow up project. Though the feedback and suggestions on the Limit Theory forums are generally of a surprisingly high quality, simply keeping track of everything - something Josh has been unfailingly good about - is a job in and of itself. Regardless, Josh will likely maintain the most useful relationships from this project.

If the game is as enjoyable as following the project and participating on these forums has been interesting then I will consider this to have been a highlight of my participation in the Kickstarter phenomenon.
Nicely summed up Tom.

This project is a highlight in my very quiet life. It has been a pleasure to see this remarkable game taking shape. To have been a part of something so satisfying has been a privilege. We still have a way to go but I cannot see how Limit Theory can fail to be enjoyable.

I am sure the new website will provide the link between the fans and Josh even during the reclusive times of LT2 development. :D

The Community has always had plenty to say even when the presence of Mr Parnell is scarce. :lol:

I'd mail him food. Anonymously. At least if he didn't accept the money I throw at him. Maybe even throw in a random squirrel just to see what his reaction is.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Online Now