Return to “Polls”

Space Game/Simulator

Pure Simulator: (Top priority is creating the feel of space exploration and travel)
Total votes: 3 (4%)
Simulator Dominant: (Top priority is creating the feel of space exploration and travel, with slight compromise)
Total votes: 19 (25%)
Co-Simulator/Game Priorities: (Working equally to balance realism and player convenience)
Total votes: 38 (50%)
Game Dominant: (Top priority is allowing the game play mechanics to be convenient player, with slight compromise)
Total votes: 13 (17%)
Pure Game: (Top priority is allowing the game play mechanics to be convenient player)
Total votes: 3 (4%)
Total votes: 76
Space Game VS Space Simulator

LT, being still in production, and exhibiting many promising features, may draw different expectations from those excited to play it.

As a simulator, Limit Theory seeks to create a parallel between NPCs and PCs in ability and influence on the world.
This of course leads to sacrifices needing to be made. Some things that make the world more real, and dynamic, might add to it's difficulty or complexity. This could throw off some players looking for casual play, or something more traditional in a space game.

On the other hand, there are some reasons one might want to compromise, making the game more convenient for the player. These situations pop up in many of the poll threads in the form of player death, fuel, damage, ammo, ect. What tends to be easier for the player also tends to be less realistic, making LT more of a space game than simulator.

So the point of this poll, is to discern overall what people expect from LT. Do you think it should be produced in a conventional way, placing more emphasis on player convenience, or are you anticipating a more unique system, placing more emphasis on universal simulation?
What are you expecting from the final product in general?
"I wish that I could turn back time 'cause now all the guilt is mine
can't live without the trust from those you love"
Re: Space Game VS Space Simulator

"Limit Theory: An Infinite, Procedural Space Game.

An RPG, RTS, and sandbox space exploration game all-in-one. Explore, trade, build, and fight in a beautiful, procedural universe."

This is what Josh wrote. This is what the backers will expect to see. :D

Apart from any stretch goals which the project achieved whatever else he gives us is icing on the cake. We all know that this game will come with lots of icing..... and sprinkles. ;)

I find this poll a bit irrelevant. As Victor stated, Josh already said what the game was going to be and sold it to those that backed the project as such.

Taking a different direction than what was in the KS will do more to alienate, irritate and anger those who were with it from the beginning.

Personally speaking though, I'm almost convinced anything Josh puts out (whether based on the KS or a different direction) will still be awesome.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

BlackWolve202 wrote:What are you expecting from the final product in general?
I don't expect anything, expecting things leads to Spore. I'm hoping it's fun for at least 12 hours of actual playtime, whatever it ends up being.
woops, my bad, everything & anything actually means specific and conformed

Katawa wrote:
I don't expect anything, expecting things leads to Spore.
Yes. Or Sim City. Or Duke Nukem Forever. Or Final Fantasy XIII-3.

Maybe I just have crappy taste in video games. :cry:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:
Katawa wrote:
I don't expect anything, expecting things leads to Spore.
Yes. Or Sim City. Or Duke Nukem Forever. Or Final Fantasy XIII-3.

Maybe I just have crappy taste in video games. :cry:
Well... much as I admire your judgement in most things I do notice that you spend time with quite a few games that I wouldn't touch with that 20 foot poll that Gazz carries around. AND then I am reminded that you also have a liking for games like Star Citizen which makes me forget your track record.

Who am I to judge anyway. Goat Simulator isn't exactly the cream of top notch game mechanics. Even if it is hilarious. :lol:

Online Now