Return to “Polls”

Should Josh create torrents for the monthly update videos?

Yes
Total votes: 45 (68%)
No
Total votes: 12 (18%)
What's a torrent?
Total votes: 9 (14%)
Total votes: 66
Re: Monthy Update Video Torrents

While I love to see Josh's original vision for the video, I think its main goal is generating buzz around the game. For that purpose the Youtube video is really all that matters. While a torrent linked only on this forum is a nice touch that wouldn't divert much traffic, I would not want to see it featured anywhere else instead of the Youtube link.

Belisarius wrote:There isn't a "I don't care" option, so I've voted for no, because I just don't use any torrents and don't plan on doing so. Though others may benefit from this way of distribution.
I think the "don't care" option is just not to vote. "No" would be best used if you have some objection against the use of torrents.

That's unfortunately not true, I'm sorry. Not voting is like not going to vote for an election. People think they express their indifference this way, but in fact they increase chances of things they might didn't want to let happen. I chose no, because I don't need torrent distribution as to I don't use it, so I don't see a reason to give an option a chance of occuring by staying back. Also I expressed my reasons for my choice, so people that make the final decision will have the chance to see why there's one single less "Yes" vote at all.

So please, can we get back on the real topic now? Thanks, much appreciated. :shifty:

Belisarius wrote:That's unfortunately not true, I'm sorry. Not voting is like not going to vote for an election. People think they express their indifference this way, but in fact they increase chances of things they might didn't want to let happen. I chose no, because I don't need torrent distribution as to I don't use it, so I don't see a reason to give an option a chance of occuring by staying back. Also I expressed my reasons for my choice, so people that make the final decision will have the chance to see why there's one single less "Yes" vote at all.

So please, can we get back on the real topic now? Thanks, much appreciated. :shifty:
I'm confused by your point - "but in fact they increase chances of things they might didn't want to let happen.". But you don't mind if Josh produces a torrent right? It makes sense to explain here why you don't care either way, but I still don't see the point of voting "no" to a question about whether something should be done if you're indifferent. There's a difference between an omission of a possible "Yes" vote and the presence of an additional "No" vote.

Online Now