Return to “Polls”

How rare should it be for the player to find a planet to investigate?

Planets should be around more or less all the time as a part of the atmosphere.
Total votes: 21 (17%)
Planets are easy to find if you are looking for them.
Total votes: 72 (58%)
You might have to travel some time to find a planet.
Total votes: 24 (19%)
Planets are pretty rares finds, you probably need to go for a longer excursion to find one.
Total votes: 5 (4%)
Planets are really rare, to find one it is advisable to utilize devoted equipment and have an explorer-style ship.
Total votes: 3 (2%)
Total votes: 125
Re: Rarety of Planets

More planets would mean more activity and inter planetary trade. But that could be said for any rich system, even one without planets but just a few huge stations.
At least, that's my guess. :D
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Re: Rarety of Planets

I'd say that every sector should be a point of interest in some way. If there are no planets in a system, it should darn well have a reason not to, something different and fun. X3 doesn't have planets as a gameplay mechanic, but they are part of the aesthetics and provide a good navigation point and backdrop, and imo they never get boring or anything such. Empty space is disorientating and bland, except if you make planetless systems rare and an oddity to explore and exploit.
To balance that out, we naturally would need a big variety in planet types, I'm not saying Class M should be everywhere. A barren moon fills the role just as well.
panic

Online Now