Return to “Polls”

How many NPCs will you want to manage (directly or through subordinates)?

Total votes: 4 (3%)
1 - 2
3 - 6
Total votes: 15 (11%)
7 - 24
Total votes: 27 (20%)
25 - 99
Total votes: 22 (16%)
100 - 4,999
Total votes: 28 (20%)
5,000 - 99,999
100,000+
Total votes: 33 (24%)
Total votes: 137
How Many Factional NPCs Will You Manage?

We've been hearing lots more lately on the macro game, where factional organizations interact competitively and cooperatively. This seems to mean that, if we so choose, we can have many NPCs reporting to us, either directly or indirectly through a hierarchy.

How do you feel about that feature? Is it something you look forward to, building a civilization-spanning web of organizational management opportunities? Or are you more interested in remaining free of factional responsibilities, experiencing the universe as personally as possible?
Re: How Many Factional NPCs Will You Manage?

I hope to manage a small fleet (30-40 ships) after I'm done doing solo pirating and bounty hunting. Some of these ships might just run pipelines for me as they collect ore and fly it back to our HQ. The rest of us will either be collecting information on troublesome NPCs or well be hunting them down.

I'd be shooting for 7-24.

This poll makes me wonder how ship ownership will be displayed. For example, will the helpless victims of my piratical ships/fleet know that these ships are affiliated with my above-board mining/industry faction? I'm sure this will have come up previously so I shall turn to the 'search' function.

Fake edit: I see some mention of IFF systems and IFF spoofing but, unless my search-fu is weak, I don't see anything about the above.

I hope to have a small group of NPC's working with me. Now, if I really take the pirate thing seriously, I may have the NPCs work on managing things and leading teams. I hope to use droids (or whichever is almost as smart as humans) as cannon fodder to keep my real guys alive. That way I don't lose a battle of attrition as easily.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Online Now