Return to “Polls”

How do you think you'll spend most of your time in Limit Theory?

Tactical: Personal combat, prospecting, exploring, trading
Total votes: 52 (28%)
Operational: Managing several fleets, planets, and factions
Total votes: 9 (5%)
Strategic: Planning growth for a multi-sector civilization
Total votes: 12 (7%)
Any two of the above
Total votes: 41 (22%)
All three of the above
Total votes: 50 (27%)
None of the above; I play a meta-game of my own choosing
Total votes: 20 (11%)
Total votes: 184
Re: How Will You Play Limit Theory?

It's still sort of fascinating to me that the Operational level -- which is pretty much the RTS level -- has the fewest votes.

"Two" and "all three" have plenty of votes, though. So I'm guessing that what most people are saying they really want is a combination of the Tactical and Operational levels of play: personally flying around doing things plus control of a planet and a fleet or two.

Meanwhile there are a few other folks who'll consider doing some of the big, multi-sector strategic gameplay as long as they can also fly around and manage fleets, too.

But virtually no one wants to race past the personal flying stuff just to get to the RTS game or the strategic game.

I'd play Limit Theory Strategically and Tactically.

I'd be a mix between a freelancer and an information broker. I'd like to have a network of contacts and drones which would be able to inform be of the location of high priority targets that are up to 3 systems away from my starting system. I'd use this information to hunt these targets down and capture or destroy them for the credits. I'd use extra credits for buying ships and hiring wing men who'd assist me in my hunts. I'd allow individuals to buy me off if they supplied the equivalent amount of credits that they were worth. I would align with no one and become a hired gun, hunter, or informant as people needed.

I would avoid back-stabbing if two clients from opposite sides came to me at nearly the same side. I would give the first one the information requested and tell the second that the information was unavailable. I'd exploit my information to increase the chances of a good reward. I would be feared by some, but those with the most resources would come to me for assistance in dealing with competition. I would have to be careful though, as certain individuals would likely plan my demise and attempt to lure me into traps.

I could probably keep typing, but for now I had better get some rest.

What are the kind of activities that you would like to participate in while playing LT? What would be your favorite pass time?

For me I think I'd try to participate in a number of activities. Anything to figure out how the AI reacts to certain situations. From shooting at random vessels to mining asteroids that other miners are currently mining from. Anything to see how high the tolerance is for performing annoying actions. After that, and possibly being chased from my starting system, I would begin to look at the various careers and the ways NPCs generate revenue. From there my true goals would be set and I would have enough information to start a trail and error operation.

My favorite pass time would be something that I would need to manage at a high level to keep my assets working around the clock. Maybe it would take form as a trade organization dedicated to transporting resources between systems. Or possibly a mercenary corporation with the goal of fighting for the highest bidder. Whatever form it takes, it will need revenue and at least a handful of ships under my command.

Online Now