Flatfingers wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:08 pm
ISTJ?

Seems unlikely.

INTJ, maybe....
Did you just assume my personality? :mrgreen:
DigitalDuck wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:53 am
I took the test again and I'm still IxTJ; it swayed S again this time, but <5% so.
Apparently I go both ways. That said, I'm definitely the ugly one. Personality is irrelevant. :mrgreen:
Flatfingers wrote:
(Also, that graphic -- which has been making the rounds for a while now -- is the visual version of "I hate everything and everyone and now I'm going to apply that to this Myers-Briggs thing I've heard about." Bah. :lol: )
First I've seen of it and it's slightly relevant to the thread so I figured I'd post it.
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)
Re: Myers-Briggs Personality Type Survey II

DigitalDuck wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:24 pm
Flatfingers wrote:
ISTJ?

Seems unlikely.

INTJ, maybe....
Did you just assume my personality? :mrgreen:

I totally did. ;)

In truth, though, that's less about pretending to know you well enough to type you than it is knowing that this particular forum really could be used as a test for the iNtuitive preference. There's something about this game that draws N types, so the membership of this forum reflects that.

Of course an individual (you, for example) is whatever they are; you can't guess that a randomly selected person who's a member of a group must exhibit all the most common characteristics of that group -- that's the definition of stereotyping.

But it is allowable to say that, until tested, the odds that any randomly selected individual from a group will express at least one of the most common characteristics of that group are pretty good.

So until shown otherwise, if I reached into a hat and pulled out a name from the top 50 posters in this forum, I think my odds would be better than 50/50 that that person would tend toward the N preference. Thus, an IxTJ who hangs out here is most likely going to be an INTJ.

Especially if he likes to argue about abstract things. :D

Which may not be you.

Unless it is.

DigitalDuck wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:24 pm
DigitalDuck wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:53 am
I took the test again and I'm still IxTJ; it swayed S again this time, but <5% so.
Apparently I go both ways.

Ar-ar.

But seriously, personality-wise that's not a Bad Thing at all. The N/S split is the single most important differentiator for innate motivation preferences; to reliably be pretty evenly balanced on that measure suggests an ability to understand and get value from both the concrete, realistic world of Sensing and the abstract, meaning-filled world of iNtuition. That's an advantage someone with his head in the clouds, or who's highly focused on scoring material wealth, doesn't have.

Win!

Online Now