Return to “Your Story”

My Story [Video]

Had a bit of an issue the first couple of nights with it crashing in Ultra mode and then thinking my save games were corrupt after reloading the game, but this again turns out to be an issue in ultra mode where you have to leave it a while to load in the background before loading a save game.

however after sorting all that last night, tonight i played the same game for hours without issue and managed to build up a nice fleet. my policy is not to expand the fleet too quickly, I equip the first ship to a decent level so i can do a few missions to get the cash for the next one, then buy that and play that ship until it has the best equipment and repeat.

Once I had about 6 or 7 decent fighters/bombers all kitted out really high spec, I then saved up for my first destroyer and kitted that out to mega spec - absolutely best of everything - it rocks! By this stage I was taking on missions up to about 200k with ease with my fleet. A couple of hours later I had 4 destroyers and 11 fighters/bombers/cobras.

I am now enjoying the larger missions with loads of enemies and my fleet rocks, I only get minimal damage to a few ships and so far haven't lost a single ship. It really pays to get the high level shields and armour. Although I find now that the shop is very short of decent stuff, so i tend to have to find it as mission rewards. However I only have 1 asteroid on this game so next time I will start elsewhere so I have different bases to buy from which hopefully will help with this.

I AM LOVING THIS GAME. I know a few people have said LTP is as good as many commercial games out there already and I have to agree. Its brilliant. At first I found the different menu systems a bit confusing but soon got used to them and afterwards you realise what a stroke of genius they are. Combat is great, I remember Elite and played Oolite earlier this year and combat is pita in those - LTP is easy to find the enemy, easy to manage your fleet and easy to play in combat. Also is great fun just to sit back sometimes and watch the NPCS battle each other is fun.

OK with limited missions it wont hold attention for ever, but I keep thinking about the final game and what is to come on top of this and am more excited now than ever. To think we are going to be able to explore (maybe unique - only person in the world to ever see it) galaxies where we can build fleets/factions/global empires/trade/mine/pirate/endlessly explore etc. etc. I just cant wait.

Josh, well done. Really well done. Get more sleep though, and stop feeling guilty if you take a bit of time off. The effort you are putting in is astronomical and you deserve great success with this game. Thank you.
Last edited by aspman on Thu May 02, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTP Fleet Battles on Youtube
Re: My Story

Now that's a great story :D So glad you're managing to have fun!

I really do believe the final thing is going to be a lot of fun :)

Let us know how high you manage to go...personally I have never done any missions over 200K or so, as there weren't any in the game until I spiced things up a little for the final release. Now there seem to be some over 1M occasionally...I wonder what those are like :shock:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

I saw a 1.2 million mission but wasn't confident at the time with my fleet to go for that just yet! But now I am a millionaire and cash isnt an issue I am quickly building up more and more ships with the best of the best of everything, nice. Im not a youtuber or anything but want to try getting a little video together so may have a go at that tomorrow and do a big mission for you :)

Agreed, please do, I have yet to see a really massive fleet battle video!

ryryryan is doing quite well, I think he holds the medal for the biggest fleet shown in video so far, although he seems to prefer the smaller ships. Will be great to see a huge millionaire's fleet!

OK its done :) its uploading to youtube now, but I should be in bed really! I did a 20 min vid with 3 decent payday battles the last one is probably the best. Not sure how long youtube is going to take, will go and brew a cuppa and see. I would leave it to it, but this lappy will power down if unattended unless i can think of a way of keeping it alive while I sleep!

aspman wrote:OK its done :) its uploading to youtube now, but I should be in bed really! I did a 20 min vid with 3 decent payday battles the last one is probably the best. Not sure how long youtube is going to take, will go and brew a cuppa and see. I would leave it to it, but this lappy will power down if unattended unless i can think of a way of keeping it alive while I sleep!
Wow awesome!! Can't wait :D
Re: My Story [Video]

The first LT related video at 60 fps has been added to my channel ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDy_9trlw5g

Unfortunately I lost my save games so this is a quick run through but its much higher resolution than previous videos with the licensed version of the grabber software, which makes quite a difference.

Also I added a Playlist for all the prototype videos so you can sit back and watch them all one after another. That is assuming anyone still looks in this prototype forum? If there is any demand I will build up the fleet again and do a 60fps epic battle vid :D

Online Now