Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Crosshair/Reticle

Look at your windows mouse pointer. It's not a novel idea. =P

Speaking of pointer: the LT mouse pointer also needs a dark border.
Very noticeable when you drag-install a system. The white letters of the system name make the pointer extremely difficult to see.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.
Re: My thoughts so far

aspman wrote:I have had this issue too.

Suggestion: make the crosshair image a combination of dark and light colour then you should be able to see it whatever the background colour is.

Edit: just found this thread with this actual discussion going on ... viewtopic.php?f=25&t=918
Bahaha, this thread is now self-referencing.

IT'S ALIVE.
“The impact of space activities is nothing less than the galvanizing of hope and imagination for human life continuum into a future of infinite possibility.”

Gazz wrote:It does not necessarily have to be a major project - or configurable. =)

Add a dark border and you have good contrast on any background.

In this quick mock-up the crosshairs have the vanilla (overall) brightness of 56% and the border 25%.
It may not sound like a lot but it's a major difference in contrast. (me being a stickler for contrast =)

Nice! Great idea Gazz, that would make all the difference!! And I would thank it should fairly easy to implement as well. :D

Gazz wrote:It does not necessarily have to be a major project - or configurable. =)

Add a dark border and you have good contrast on any background.

In this quick mock-up the crosshairs have the vanilla (overall) brightness of 56% and the border 25%.
It may not sound like a lot but it's a major difference in contrast. (me being a stickler for contrast =)
Ooooh just saw this. Yes, nice, will do :)
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Re: Crosshair / Reticle Visibility

JoshParnell wrote:Ooooh just saw this.
Yah, that's why I linked it there... =P

And don't forget the non-crosshairs mouse pointer!
Same issue.
When you drag/drop install systems, the pointer "hides" in the white text of the dragged system "box", making it hard to hit the targeted hardpoint with the pointer.

Come to think of it, all other mobile UI elements - like target brackets - need this, too. They should never "hide" in the background.
Even a 1 pixel wide dark border is a huge help.
If you use the same colour as on the UI element and only scale the brightness (not alpha!) down to 20-30%...
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Online Now