Return to “Suggestions”

Unobtrusive Pop Ups

One thing I'm noticing from going through the issues people are having (as well as ones I've noticed myself) are the lack of feedback from some interactions.

For example, when you accept a mission, you don't get any feedback, you just see it appear in the top left corner if you close out of the menus, which is sometimes hard to see. During the pre-prototype, there was a pop-up box with an 'OK' button, and this was equally annoying (especially if you accept multiple missions).

The same thing happens when you repair your ship. You get a pop-up box with a confirmation button. At the same time, if you happen to repairing a different ship in your fleet, after the confirmation is clicked, you are brought back to your original ship.

What I'm suggesting is some sort of box that pops up, but then fades out that doesn't require a a button to be click. This could be used for repairing, accepting a mission, buying / selling equipment / ships, etc.

I also suggest something with more of a delay when it comes to success / failure of a mission. Something that shows briefling on the screen that also tells you the credits and shows you your rewards. But not make it too intrusive so as not to disrupt the player while they're fighting. In fact, just expandind and making more info from the top left would be nice. I think this idea for a UI element would be able to re-used as well.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now