Return to “Bugs & Technical Issues”

Re: Mouse response in dock

I've noticed the 'Mouse in Molasses' issue on video cards that have a smaller amount of memory. I've tested it now on a couple different video cards. My FireGL V5600 (yes, it runs on that dinosaur) and I get the molasses effect, but on cards with more memory, it doesn't seem to have the issue.

I don't know if it is related to the memory, but that's the real difference between the cards. And the odd thing? Only in dock. Gameplay-wise, no issues.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

This is what I have installed. I am not up on what the cool kids are using these days so can you give me a gauge on that?

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

Report Date: 5/3/2013
Report Time[hh:mm:ss]: 19:08:13
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2626
Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1(6.1.7601)
Default Language: English (United States)
DirectX* Version: 11.0
Physical Memory: 8089 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 64 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 1696 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 228 MB
Processor: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Speed: 2494 MHz
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 0126
Device Revision: 09
Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Video BIOS: 2130.0
Current Graphics Mode: 1600 by 900

Alright, it looks like it might just be a bug with older / slower GPUs. Since Josh said he's backing off the shader version, that *might* help, but I don't know enough about the game architecture to know for sure.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Technius wrote:That's an integrated GPU, and Josh said that there are problems with integrated chips. I guess you just have to wait until Josh fixes the problems! :)
Thing is, my FireGL isn't an integrated chipset and it experiences the same issues. I think it may be something a little more.

Kamin of Ressik wrote:This is what I have installed. I am not up on what the cool kids are using these days so can you give me a gauge on that?

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

Report Date: 5/3/2013
Report Time[hh:mm:ss]: 19:08:13
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2626
Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1(6.1.7601)
Default Language: English (United States)
DirectX* Version: 11.0
Physical Memory: 8089 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 64 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 1696 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 228 MB
Processor: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Speed: 2494 MHz
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 0126
Device Revision: 09
Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Video BIOS: 2130.0
Current Graphics Mode: 1600 by 900
I've got the exact same GPU, and I've experienced issues with the docked cursor. I've had to put up with it in other games from time to time as well. But there was one game, Oil Rush (from the recent Humble Bundle) that had awful mouselag if you launched it with the option set for DirectX 11, but if you launched it with DirectX9, the cursor moved swimmingly.

I don't know if toggling such a thing is possible with Limit Theory, but you might see about downgrading your DirectX install to 9.0. It might make the game worse or better, but you can always upgrade again.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Online Now