Return to “Bugs & Technical Issues”

AI continues to attack frigate after it was destroyed

While piloting my frigate I choose an assassinate target ship valued at 130k with only 1 ship needed to be destroyed. As I undocked and headed toward target, I commanded my ships to follow me so they don't kamikaze the frigate though 2 may have reached it. As normal we have combat for a bit not sure how long. However as soon as it destroyed, all of my ai controlled ships continue to attack the frigate for about 3 minutes until the game crashed. During that time the destroyed frigate's "shields" dissipated twice. I also commanded my ships to go patrol instead of follow which made some stop. I believe the game crashed right as I was giving the last ship I own a command where it froze up.

This first image was taken after the dead ship's "shields broke the first time and the ai still firing at it.
Image This second image was taken one minute after and another shield break occurred and I was changing the command from follow to patrol which soon after the game crashed.
Image I will add photos on later once I get access to decent internet. Also I am going to try to duplicate what happened.

Log File:
[Warning] Missing <seed> in <vert_notransform.jsl,frag_gen_plating2.jsl>
[Warning] Missing <diffuse> in <vert_npm.jsl,frag_gate.jsl>
[Warning] Missing <frame> in <vert_worldray.jsl,frag_post_distancefog.jsl>
[Warning] Missing <fogPower> in <vert_worldray.jsl,frag_post_distancefog.jsl>

edit: I was able to recreate this on the same save and have kept a copy available.

Thanks,
Adar Zan'nh
Re: AI continues to attack frigate after it was destroyed

I totally forgot about my post here since I have found many bugs that others haven't stumbled upon. Some how I ran into this post while searching for images relating my character name in a book series that I use.

Anyways I have been playing in v1.1 and have not found this bug in it so far. Keep up with the good work, can't wait for the next update. Been keeping up on your dev logs, so far I like where this is going.

Thanks,
Adar Zan'nh

Online Now