Return to “Bugs & Technical Issues”

Joystick Issue: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Hi Folks,

Was just playing LTP 1.1, and decided to give my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick a go (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/produc ... o-joystick) on Windows 7.

Well... it's not a good scene :) When I launch, I start spinning counterclockwise (that is, to the left). going left/right with the joystick does nothing, I keep going left. Pushing forward on the joystick (which I would expect to pitch me forward) causes 100% thrust. so now I spin left and get awfully close to crashing into an asteroid :).

I know joystick support is lacking right now, but the x and y axis rotation seems odd to be having this much trouble.
Shoot ALL the things!
Re: Joystick Issue: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

davidparadis wrote:Hi Folks,

Was just playing LTP 1.1, and decided to give my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick a go (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/produc ... o-joystick) on Windows 7.

Well... it's not a good scene :) When I launch, I start spinning counterclockwise (that is, to the left). going left/right with the joystick does nothing, I keep going left. Pushing forward on the joystick (which I would expect to pitch me forward) causes 100% thrust. so now I spin left and get awfully close to crashing into an asteroid :).

I know joystick support is lacking right now, but the x and y axis rotation seems odd to be having this much trouble.
Sounds about right :roll:

Joysticks and gamepads are all different and have different conventions for the way they provide outputs to the game. LT was built specifically with my gamepad in mind. In the future it will include configuration for your gamepad/joystick so that you can set it up properly for the one you own - I just haven't had time to put that in yet.

So yeah, that's kind of expected behavior for the moment...joystick support is bad. Sorry!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Re: Joystick Issue: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

davidparadis wrote:If you don't mind me asking, which gamepad do you use?

I have an old Microsoft Sidewinder (which I don't think even works in windows 7) and an Xbox 360 controller. Would either of those be a better bet?
I was using a Logitech F310.

I also have an Xbox 360 controller, and it did not work well with the same mappings, so I don't think you'll have any luck with it. Strange how even two gamepads with the same buttons can have different mappings :problem:

Anyway, this should be fixed in the next release of LTP..until then, sorry!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Online Now