Return to “Bugs & Technical Issues”

The stores have closed up shop!?

This happened to me right at the tail-end of the 1.0 prototype (before the release of 1.1). And it happened again on version 1.1, but I can't recall anyone else making mention of this. The scenario is the same (basically) in V1.0 and V1.1:

Everything works really great, other then a few of the known issuses, and I build my fleet up to a good size (my current one is 14 ships). I don't recall at what point it occured on V1.0 (since I can't access that save file anymore), but right around the point of me having 12 ships, the store stopped taking anything I would sell to it. It also stopped updating with new weapons and armor. I can still buy stuff, but the store doesn't have anything worth buying. I can still buy ships with no problem, and if I do buy a lower grade weapon or piece of plating or shields, it is replaced by something else low end. Still won't be able to sell anything.

So when I downloaded the patch and started fresh on V1.1 I picked a map that had two asteriod bases just in case this happened again. Well, it happened again and the store at both asteroid bases stopped working at the same time (roughly, I had to fly to the next one. So the time from one asteroid to the other, they were both closed down.)

Is this just me? Anyone else run into this? If this has been discussed in a thread, could someone point me in that direction. I just don't want this to get missed if I am for some reason the only one. This just makes it very difficult to buy more ships and but some good weapons on them since I have boat-loads of cash and no where to spend it :(
Attachments
2 - Copy.jpg
I believe this is a screenshot from V1.0, but it is the same pop-up window in V1.1
2 - Copy.jpg (219.96 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
Re: The stores have closed up shop!?

Whoa!! I never thought you would be able to fill up a station, but it looks like the station is out of storage space... :shock: Just checked and stations have 1,000,000 storage. I guess that's not so much in the grand scheme of things :eh:

However, items should still be removed from time to time :think: Very strange. Try buying back a few of the heavier pieces of equipment (gamma hadrons, for example), and see if you can get things circulating that way.

Sorry about that, I guess the current object circulation code is not very smart and did not realize that the station was full :oops:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:Whoa!! I never thought you would be able to fill up a station, but it looks like the station is out of storage space... :shock: Just checked and stations have 1,000,000 storage. I guess that's not so much in the grand scheme of things :eh:

However, items should still be removed from time to time :think: Very strange. Try buying back a few of the heavier pieces of equipment (gamma hadrons, for example), and see if you can get things circulating that way.

Sorry about that, I guess the current object circulation code is not very smart and did not realize that the station was full :oops:
I know the picture I posted is a little misleading, my current station store doesn't havemuch in it. There is a couple 19K credit shields and the rest are some weapons and misc stuff for under 10K credits. I will get a better, more up-to-date picture for you...and I will try buying the whole store...I have enough :ugeek:

Ok, I took a more recent screen shot.
12.jpg
12.jpg (206.72 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
So after I took the picture, I started buying stuff (the 2 Cold Windrepulsors) It it updated as usual, but this time I could sell again. :D

Downside is, I sold two tiny weapons and it crashed. I attached the logErrors.txt, but it wouldn't let me attach the crashdump. Do you need that?

*EDIT: I tried a second time, I was able to buy a bunch of stuff and start selling some stuff back, it updated for a little bit and then stopped. After maybe a minute or so of watching it just sit there, it crashed again.
Attachments
logErrors.txt
(135 Bytes) Downloaded 119 times

Online Now