Return to “Bugs & Technical Issues”

LTP v1.1: Cauchy's Tachyon Rail Weapon

Is Cauchy's Tachyon Rail weapon not supposed to have a reloadable magazine?

The stats in the Ship Viewer for this weapon show no magazine size or reload time. And the weapon schematic (lower left icons) doesn't show a load count above the icon for this weapon. Unmounting and remounting it didn't change anything.

As a test, I unmounted all other weapons and went hunting a fighter. The Cauchy weapon does fire (I destroyed the wee thing), but the targeting appears to be off; I had to lead the target slightly rather than centering the predictive "x".

Interestingly, the "top"-mounted weapon does fire at a target "above" the plane of my ship, but not below it. (Conversely when bottom-mounted.) Even more interestingly, this railgun fires continuously and never seems to run out of ammo.

The image below shows the iconography and stats:
25.jpg
LTP v1.1: Cauchy's Tachyon Rail info
25.jpg (125.28 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
Re: LTP v1.1: Cauchy's Tachyon Rail Weapon

I think this has been brought up in another thread. This is not a bug - there is a very small chance of finding rail weapons that do not require magazines (perhaps they are pure-energy-based railguns?) Similarly, there is a very small chance of finding pulse weapons that do require magazines. Just to mix things up :) They also have slightly different properties than the "standard" weapons of that class.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Re: LTP v1.1: Cauchy's Tachyon Rail Weapon

Flatfingers wrote:Oh-ho! Understood, and I do now recall your having mentioned this possibility.

In that case, perhaps there's a way to flag these rare ship systems so that players know they're "working as intended" and maybe even worth a lot more (or a lot less) money than the standard model....
Yeah, they should probably be more distinct, since this has caused confusion before :think:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Online Now