Return to “General”

Re: Progress on Beta?

Slymodi wrote:
titan1978 wrote:I pledged a little low during KS And missed Beta (couldnt afford it then).
I can afford it now - and would jump at the chance of a "special window" where folks can bump their pledges via paypal or something?

I know there aren't any more "stretch goals" as such - so would KS backers alone get a second chance and the extra $$ can go into development perhaps?
sorry, but the answer is no

~Sly
Gee Thanks Sly! To the point and as-to-the-reason-why pointless!
Thanks Josh - I don't feel THAT crestfallen now with that explanation :D
Last edited by titan1978 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

titan1978 wrote:I pledged a little low during KS And missed Beta (couldnt afford it then).
I can afford it now - and would jump at the chance of a "special window" where folks can bump their pledges via paypal or something?

I know there aren't any more "stretch goals" as such - so would KS backers alone get a second chance and the extra $$ can go into development perhaps?
I have only just spotted your post titan1978 but I never forget the friends of LT who are vocal on other forums about the game. :D

I hope you are not too disappointed by what you have read. I do sympathize with you concerning the answer to your question. Obviously you are not alone. :( At least you can draw some comfort from the fact that you won't have to wait too long. :)

Yeah - we do have X:R and E:D beta in between so there's no drought - but LT is another concept altogether unlike those games. Ah well! Cant be too greedy I suppose :D

Another query I had at the back of my mind on the beta is the Oculus Rift support!
I understand Josh had ordered a DEV kit and he has indicated LT "may" support it. But If LT does end up supporting pre-release, and The assumption here being - there are not too many RIFTS in the wild and even then - not all of those may be playing LT - would the scattered few be worthy/lucky enough just by being owners of rift and LT backers to help out in beta? Was also wondering if people with Oculus Rift (such as me) would be able to chip in as beta testers thereby finding (a loophole :mrgreen: ) way to squeeze into beta?

The more beta testers for Oculus- the more polish!
Apologies for being persistent and lawyer like in finding loopholes - just trying to be (annoyingly) thorough

Slymodi wrote:

~Sly
That's a damn shame. I spent about 15 mins going all over this site trying to find out how to give them my money. :eh: I was all ready to give them my $60 for beta access, but find they no longer want additional funding? I guess we're to believe that the final release is close enough that they wouldn't feel right about charging extra for the beta.

I'll try to keep an eye on this project, but it's a shame I can't get in on the action.

NonBritGit wrote:
Slymodi wrote:

~Sly
That's a damn shame. I spent about 15 mins going all over this site trying to find out how to give them my money. :eh: I was all ready to give them my $60 for beta access, but find they no longer want additional funding? I guess we're to believe that the final release is close enough that they wouldn't feel right about charging extra for the beta.

I'll try to keep an eye on this project, but it's a shame I can't get in on the action.
To tell you the truth, other than the prototype, there isn't even a beta as of yet. The prototype is pretty dated though compared to what Josh has been putting in. I really hope he releases the alpha soon enough though.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:I really hope he releases the alpha soon enough though.
If he does at all. The Kickstarter had no mention of an alpha, and I believe that Josh also hasn't mentioned an alpha since.

In the Kickstarter there were pledge levels for the prototype and the beta. So the next thing that we can reasonably expect to be released is the beta.

Or Josh is planning to release an alpha to a group of people within his own discretion. Might be all registered forum users, might be the elder council only, might be a subgroup of the forum users, might be the general public.

But again, an alpha was never in the cards for LT. So I wouldn't expect there to be one.

Perhaps the Elder Council Members will received a behind-closed-doors Alpha or series of Alphas but if they do, we probably won't hear about it, which is fine with me :) I personally don't want to touch the game until it's at least playable in terms of doing things.. even if all I can do is fly around and do some basic mining and trading stuff with a bit of combat etc.. I don't want to ruin the experience for myself by playing anything less than that :)

I'd be happy to try the alpha and try stretching it till it breaks. Since the universe changes each time you start a new game, it isn't really spoilery.
Because it runs on Linux I could easily set aside a few hours each day to help test.

Now, don't get me wrong this isn't a request or anything. Just an innocent remark, should Josh ever want or need testers.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Commander McLane wrote:Or Josh is planning to release an alpha to a group of people within his own discretion. Might be all registered forum users, might be the elder council only, might be a subgroup of the forum users, might be the general public.
It hasn't been mentioned at all during Elder Council discussions.

Commander McLane wrote:
DWMagus wrote:You surprise me again, McLane.
Just for curiosity: in which way? And where have I before? And should I try to do it again? :wave:
Sorry, it's a quote from the game 'Die Hard Trilogy' from the crazy taxi-esque game based on the third movie. It was never actually said in the movie, but then again, I'd been wanting to use that quote on you for some time now. :P
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:Sorry, it's a quote from the game 'Die Hard Trilogy' from the crazy taxi-esque game based on the third movie. It was never actually said in the movie, but then again, I'd been wanting to use that quote on you for some time now. :P
I see. :mrgreen:

However, my avatar has nothing to do with Die Hard or John McClane. On the contrary, it's very directly SF-related. If you want some more information on it—and on the strange looking ship in my avatar picture—then this would be a good starting point. Note also the wikipedia link in the first paragraph of that user page.

Commander McLane wrote:
DWMagus wrote:Sorry, it's a quote from the game 'Die Hard Trilogy' from the crazy taxi-esque game based on the third movie. It was never actually said in the movie, but then again, I'd been wanting to use that quote on you for some time now. :P
I see. :mrgreen:

However, my avatar has nothing to do with Die Hard or John McClane. On the contrary, it's very directly SF-related. If you want some more information on it—and on the strange looking ship in my avatar picture—then this would be a good starting point. Note also the wikipedia link in the first paragraph of that user page.
Wow! You learn something new everyday! ;)

Online Now