Return to “General”

Any chance for a LT Prototype v1.2? (And LT Cheerleaders)

Hello Josh, Hello Everyone,

Having just seen the new monthly video update I am stunned by the progress made and the quality of the work. Congratualtions to the Limit Theory team, you are doing a great job, keep it up! The look and feel of the ships for example looks a thousand time better, as I have to admit it was a point of concern for me. I am now definitely reassured as I know it can only get better thanks to your hard work ;)

However I now can't wait to get my hands on an updated version of the Prototype which would allow me to discover all this new enhancements by myself, is there a plan to release such update in the near future?

Cheers,
Schussnik
Re: Any chance for a LT Prototype v1.2?

Hey Schussnik,

Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, I plan to release another LTP at some point, if only to let you all play around with the new graphics. I don't anticipate expanding the core gameplay of the prototype much (if at all), but I do want to push out an aesthetic update.

Whether it will be near or mid future is hard to say...I am trying my best to split time between working on long-term and short-term goals atm, and am tending to err on long-term.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Thanks for the prompt answer Josh. No worries about the ETA for the next update, now happy to know that there will be a next one coming at some point :D

Oh also have you seen the new scan and warp effects in Eve Online? Really like them, not sure it would be of any use for you but I thought you might be interested, just as a possible inspiration for future work ;)

More here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9bZjBST-Dw
Last edited by Schussnik on Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schussnik wrote:Thanks for the prompt answer Josh. No worries about the ETA for the next update, now happy to know that there will be a next one coming at some point :D

Oh also have you seen the new scan and warp effects in Eve Online? Really like them, not sure it would be of any use for you but I thought you might be interested, just as a possible inspiration for future work ;)

More here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9bZjBST-Dw
Mmm ... Radial Menus.

:thumbup:
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Hold the phone. HOLD the phone.

This topic has gone off the rails. BACK ON TOPIC!!!

Did you just say there'll (possibly) be a LTP 1.2?!? whhhhaaaattt.

Well that's very exciting news.

Luckily I saved my LTP installer file, as the email download link is now expired :o . Not that I need it, I never uninstalled it... but still.

LTP, ONE POINT TWO, LTP, ONE POINT TWO! (yes, I was chanting that).
Shoot ALL the things!

Online Now