What will you try and achieve when the full game comes out?

For LT discussion that doesn't fit into a more specific category.

Re: What will you try and achieve when the full game comes o

Postby Lee_Newsum » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Hardenberg wrote:Goals. Oh well.
10.) Get a jumpdrive and go on raiding expeditions into unknown territory, blowing up things with reckless abandon and stealing everything that isn't nailed down. Then pull out a claw hammer, remove the nails and steal the rest. Repeat until bored or LT2 comes out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The biggest LOL in a long time!

as for me have fun.
kickstarter: THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDES
Lee_Newsum
Ensign

Postby Leopold II » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:08 pm

I'm going to embark on a glorious crusade to establish Humanity's dominance over the galaxy, then try and piss off all my underlings at once and withdraw into solitude.
Because really, who would get upset at me abandoning them? It's not like it would start a civil war or something.
SPAAAAAAAACE
Leopold II
Recruit

Postby Slymodi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Leopold II wrote:I'm going to embark on a glorious crusade to establish Humanity's dominance over the galaxy, then try and piss off all my underlings at once and withdraw into solitude.
Because really, who would get upset at me abandoning them? It's not like it would start a civil war or something.

This is what I was expecting. :clap:

~Sly
DARKNESS CANNOT DRIVE OUT DARKNESS
Slymodi
Rear Admiral

Postby DWMagus » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:19 pm

Leopold II wrote:I'm going to embark on a glorious crusade to establish MY dominance over the galaxy...

Fix'd. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
DWMagus

Postby Psyris108 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:20 pm

i would like to construct a super think tank in a sector deep inside a nebula filled with dense dust that scrambles sensors.

with this think tank i would like to do heavy R&D on every aspect of LT but most of all FTL systems, one that will allow my ships to fold space and instantly travel vast distances in a blink of an eye. this tech will be applied to my trade ships so that no other competitor may compete with my trade empire.

Muah MUAHA MUAHAHAHAHA :twisted:

ps. hi i'm new...
Psyris108
Recruit

Postby Grumblesaur » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Massive sector-owning corporate federation where I'm the CEO of the whole thing and I use my money to commission exploration, mining, and trade fleets in the interest of parasitically sucking the resources out of every new system I find.

:twisted:
Grumblesaur

Postby Rabiator » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:15 am

Massive battleship/mothership that puts the Homeworld mothership to shame 8-)
Rabiator
Captain

Postby Katorone » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:50 am

Rabiator wrote:Massive battleship/mothership that puts the Homeworld mothership to shame 8-)

With fabrication on board of ships, this one is within reach! :D
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Katorone
Vice Admiral

Postby BFett » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:06 pm

To become an information dealer who sells valuable information to NPCs. I would set this up with a network of surveillance probes and contacts. I would then concern myself with measures to maintain a leak proof operation. I would maintain a small fleet of frigates and destroyers which would act as protection against hostile forces.

I would also attempt to maintain small mining company which would help supplement my income. If I discover that pirates are using my services they may quickly realize that they have been lured into a trap, and my forces would quickly dismantle them.
Last edited by BFett on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFett
Vice Admiral

Postby IronDuke » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Start out as a bounty hunter, kinda regardless of the legality of the job. Build up my fleet, so that I'm working multiple jobs at once. When I've accumulated enough money, get me a suitable system for a headquarters. (What that will be depends entirely on the game, so dunno yet.) Construct a whopping huge base, preferably one that can be moved if I find a greener pasture. Moving an entire planet from one system to another would be pretty cool. I'd make sure that the operation I set up is not only entirely self-sufficient, but miserably well-defended. You should see the fortresses I build in C&C or Age of Empires.
:squirrel:
Anyway, then proceed to do enormous amounts of R&D in order to keep my personal fleet atop the others. My personal flagship would be big, but not that big - more like a Star Destroyer than a Death Star. I'm slightly more of a fan of the super advanced medium size vessels than the klutzy artificial planets with a single big gun.
:ghost:
Then, manipulate things behind the scenes. Secretly support both the unlawful factions and the lawful factions to keep them relatively strong and very much locked in conflict, so that I always have job opportunities. This is another reason for having a not-excessively large vessel - it wouldn't be able to run the more covert operations.

Something along those lines. 8-)

--IronDuke
Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick
IronDuke
Rear Admiral

Location: The other end of the weapons barrage that's killing you. :3

Postby Detritus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:17 pm

I will try to figure out how to master the UI. :twisted:

Then I will figure out how to master the UI. :twisted:

Then I will master the UI. :twisted:

Then Josh will probably redo the UI to be more intuitive, thus ending all my progress in the game. :D
Detritus
Rear Admiral

Postby bkdevil » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:24 pm

Turtle!

I really enjoy the gameplay involved in isolating something and building the perfect defensive complex.
bkdevil
Ensign

Postby Black--Snow » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:06 am

bkdevil wrote:Turtle!

I really enjoy the gameplay involved in isolating something and building the perfect defensive complex.

Oh you my friend have touched my soul.

Turtling pirate empire please.
Sticking with the theme of my race the "Xh'arte Travellers" (Formerly the Snow Pirates) we will focus on two things: Technology and murder. :V
Black--Snow
Captain

Postby MindMap » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:16 am

I'll try to get a somewhat tanky but smal trading ship and invest all my earnings into Research until i have a shit that's so tiny that everyone will laugh about it, but still is so powerfull that i can disentrgrate the sun by forgetting to slow down and crashing into it without even realizing it or takign any damage or missing with a single rocket and hit the sun with that or or or(buffles while being drunk of the dream of power). then i'll become a lone wolf secretly destroing every threat to the most peacefule place i can find until they have a peacefule empire with a secret hero. then i will buy all there technology to advance further and go to rais another child until i become a all known legend for milenias to come.
Step two:
profit : D
MindMap
Ensign

Postby FormalMoss » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:53 pm

I'll fly over to the U.S. and buy Josh a pint for a job well done.

Yup, I'm at that level of crazy I'd do that (from Ireland).
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to General