Return to “General”

Re: Go to bed, you nugget.

Hey now, I'm pretty sure lots of people do crazier things than stay awake for many hours. When you look at it in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty weak. I hear they have people who jump through flaming hoops on motorcycles and stuff like that. They are the ones to whom you should direct your concern :)

Also, I think this lifestyle is the norm for students in med school.... :?
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:Hey now, I'm pretty sure lots of people do crazier things than stay awake for many hours. When you look at it in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty weak. I hear they have people who jump through flaming hoops on motorcycles and stuff like that. They are the ones to whom you should direct your concern :)

YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL
“The impact of space activities is nothing less than the galvanizing of hope and imagination for human life continuum into a future of infinite possibility.”

jawdan wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:Hey now, I'm pretty sure lots of people do crazier things than stay awake for many hours. When you look at it in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty weak. I hear they have people who jump through flaming hoops on motorcycles and stuff like that. They are the ones to whom you should direct your concern :)

YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL
Good lord, I had no idea. This is so shockingly relevant to me that I'm going to bed immediately!!! :shock:
TanC wrote:Your passion is just...wow. I hope everything falls in place quickly then you could go get your sleep. Or even better yet, go sleep now while waiting for Desura.
Ahh yeah, but that tutorial ain't gonna make itself ;|

Rembrandt wrote:This seems to be a case of the triumph of mind over mattress.
The mythical Rembrandt appears!!! And with a joust of humor no less! Truly, it must be a special occasion :D

See, sleep deprivation has already apparently made me interesting enough to warrant appearances like this. It must be a great thing.

On the other hand, I've been staring at a performance problem in the sound engine for an hour now...I'm pretty sure the mattressed Josh would have fixed it by now. As for me, I am still trying to decide which heavy object I will use to bust the monitor screen, and which foul words I will scream at the computer when I'm done. Maybe there's something to this sleep business after all. Although I do think busting the monitor is a more fun approach to performance optimization.

JoshParnell wrote:Although I do think busting the monitor is a more fun approach to performance optimization.
Only different in your mind, indeed! :)

But really, sleep is good for you! Regular sleeping times, according to your circadian rhythm are even better.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Katorone wrote:Regular sleeping times, according to your circadian rhythm are even better.
Circadian rhythm? Looking at his devlogs, I think I'm starting to see Josh's rhythm of sleeping: Exponential falloff of sleep. He started out with 8 hours of sleep and now he's left with no sleep at all! :P
In Josh we trust.

JoshParnell wrote:See, sleep deprivation has already apparently made me interesting enough to warrant appearances like this. It must be a great thing.
Ah well, enough has been said about sleep allready.
A few quotes to keep you from nodding off while waiting for the demo to go online.

"The amount of sleep needed by the average person is five minutes more" Max Kaufman.
"My friend has difficulty sleeping but I can do it with my eyes closed" Shmuel Breban.
"Excuse me, my leg has gone to sleep. Mind if I join it?" Alexander Woolcot.
"A teacher is someone who talks in our sleep" Alfred E. Neuman.
"I was once arrested for walking in someone else's sleep" Steven Wright.
"Someone who says he sleeps like a baby, probably doesn't have one" Leo J. Burke.

Take it easy Josh and erm...sweet dreams!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions.
Lao Tze

Online Now