Return to “General”

Re: Kickstarters

Scotty wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:53 am
Hello,
I backed the kickstarter years ago for this.
As it is so old is it possible we could at least get access to 1.1?
its a little unfair to be left out after taking our money
I think we'd all love to see 1.1, as it would imply a 1.0… however, the game is canceled and the source code has not yet seen the light of day.

Scotty wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:53 am
Hello,
I backed the kickstarter years ago for this.
As it is so old is it possible we could at least get access to 1.1?
its a little unfair to be left out after taking our money
Kickstarter isn't intended to be a purchase, it's a risk you're taking by saying you will pledge the money to the idea of the project. Typically, if a project fails, there is no way to recoup that money, because it's already been spent; they have nothing to give back to you.

What you can do is put that person on your sh*t list and never, ever give that person money again. Follow that persons career, and treat any project they are involved in with ultimate suspicion, tell your friends etc. You will never get that money back, but you can make damn sure they never see another penny from you.

Just a suggestion.

Sure, if you don't know the developer or realized that they almost destroyed their life and sanity for this project. It's a heartbreaker, but it does happen sometimes when you chase a dream. The dream is powerful and enticing, people are still looking at how it can be done as a community project.

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:37 pm
*Shrug* I suspect I've had more fun on this forum than any video game could provide :twisted:
I strongly confirm this!

Josh owns me nothing.
I would like to see him behaving like an adult and at least communicate when he repetitively breaks promises (such as releasing the code) but this is for his reputation, not because I feel entitled to what he promises.

Online Now