Return to “General”

How about a game that,,,,,,,,

.....you fly around in a spacecraft randomly shooting astroids with different size and strength of weapons, all while watching a pretty background. No Trading, no Pirating, No mining. No ship mods. Essentially "the game" we all fell in love with after it was shown on the kickstarter campaign however many years ago.

If there are plans to release the current code as-is soon, why not release that playable vs version as well? I'm guessing that's what most of us wanted all along. A cool space simulator that looked beautiful that let us fly around in all directions and blow shit up. It never needed to be as extensive or complicated as Josh invisioned/demanded it be.

I think Josh was so consumed with what this game was supposed to be, he lost site of how appreciative his fan base would be at the end with even the most basic version of his vision.

Seriously, what's to stop him from delivering the Alpha (or a version close to it) to the world at this point?
Re: How about a game that,,,,,,,,

ExpressZero wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:17 am
.....you fly around in a spacecraft randomly shooting astroids with different size and strength of weapons, all while watching a pretty background. No Trading, no Pirating, No mining. No ship mods. Essentially "the game" we all fell in love with after it was shown on the kickstarter campaign however many years ago.
I think that's called Blasteroids :-p
--
Mind The Gap
Re: How about a game that,,,,,,,,

Though it was massively reduced in scope, I still remember the 1.1 prototype was fun to play briefly. You had weapon upgrades, fighting, flying around though tunnels etc.

Build some rudimentary gameplay on top of that with some of the newer graphical stuff would have been nice. Even access to what was shown off and trade shows would have been better than nothing, and for me that was a fairly small but nonetheless bitter pill to swallow, in that we paid good money and didn't even get that.

What I would honestly like to see is some project along the lines of the Pioneer, the FFE "clone". Take the code, give it to 100's of people with ideas and talent and see what happens. Imagine multiple games coming out, each with a unique twist or development direction. The next few years could be quite interesting but the code needs to be released for this to happen.

This would make a fitting legacy, as it would be a crying shame if this code were to just die or be squirrelled away or horded for financial reasons.

Online Now