Return to “General”

Re: Welp

REKT is rather like a tabletop RPG, yes, but forum-based instead of IRL table-based, and with a heavier emphasis on story and less of an emphasis on stats/rolls. For a quick summary of the setting:
Spoiler:      SHOW
It's the year 3152. Several hundred years before, humanity was enslaved by a race of aliens "for our own good", who were concerned we were getting too big for our britches. We eventually overthrew them and initiated a galactic purge of alien species, forcing them to the outer rim, while we humans took over the much happier, wealthier galactic core. Execution in orbit of stellar masses is outlawed, and the gameplay focuses around Tartarus Inc., a prison corporation that makes its profit by taking the galaxy's worst criminals (for a fee) and "disposing" of them outside interstellar law. The best and brightest criminals, however, get put into Tartarus's highly-illegal REKT division (REquisitional Knowledge Troops), who are then blasted to the darkest hellholes in space to retrieve valuable artifacts, materials, and technology. These characters are the ones that the players play.
I'm the Game Master/Dungeon Master. I make the maps, write the turns, plan the campaigns, and all of that. I made the rules, too. We have a wiki, even. :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:07 pm
I make the maps, write the turns, plan the campaigns, weight the dice, roll the dice, kill the players and all of that.
FTFY. ;)
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

0111narwhalz wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:43 pm
if you die in ReKT you die in real life
Can confirm, this is very true.
I am Groot.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:

Talvieno wrote:
I'm the Game Master/Dungeon Master. I make the maps, write the turns, plan the campaigns, and all of that. I made the rules, too. We have a wiki, even. :D
So as a game master, you are then something like a god?
Or is there some way you can get attacked and removed from power?

Damocles wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:44 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Hmm... Sort of like a god? But more like a storyteller/moderator. :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I'm here for the long haul folks. I'm staying with this community for as long as I have internet access. I've backed up most of the dev logs, but maybe it would be wise to backup everything in suggestions and most game related things in general as well. We don't want to lose this stuff if the forums do suddenly go down 6 months from now.

Damocles wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:44 pm
Higher up the power scale. In his world, he can decides what god(s) do.
And he can loose power as soon as nobody freely accept to bend to his power, i.e. the player leave him :mrgreen: - so he must keep entertaining and fun.

Nobody worships Tal or anything.

Talvieno, you should make a big fat god named "Talvienox" who dearly loves the dust of stars. Makes great sacrifice material. :ghost:
I am Groot.

Nobody ain't leavin' no train fo now, son.
I've seen my visiting frequency be somewhat proportional to Joshs posting frequency. And now? I might have a look into REKT. But still, what course will the forums take? I'd suggest giving the whole train some fresh paint and turn it either to a general source for Science Fiction ideas and discussions or make REKT the primary purpose and implement some RPG related BBS tools. Has there been any statement by Josh or Tal?
[hypes internälly]

Der_Foe wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:46 am
Nobody ain't leavin' no train fo now, son.
I've seen my visiting frequency be somewhat proportional to Joshs posting frequency. And now? I might have a look into REKT. But still, what course will the forums take? I'd suggest giving the whole train some fresh paint and turn it either to a general source for Science Fiction ideas and discussions or make REKT the primary purpose and implement some RPG related BBS tools. Has there been any statement by Josh or Tal?
All good ideas.

I think we should let the dust settle, and afterwards, depending on what Josh’s plan are, discuss how and what should be salvaged? both from the project and for the forum.
Perhaps opening two brain-storming threads. In a week or so.

But without putting the wagons in front of the engine. Let Josh breath and think about the future.

Online Now