Return to “General”

Re: survival mode

Based on my limited understanding on the explanation of how modding works, you should be able to do that. I was told I could make one system at the start of the game, which would then expand outward so it grows like roots from one seed. If that is possible, then limiting the system to not expand when only one system is created could also in theory be plausible. Then you would just have a heightened chance of the event for an invasion on the system, set to increase in intensity at certain intervals when it is triggered. I think this is the idea you may be thinking of? Adding a kill counter would probably also be something that could be done, but I don't know as much about that.

I actually made a similar suggestion once, for Dwarf Fortress - where you basically survive against increasingly-large waves of enemies for as long as you can. The suggestion was very quickly shot down. "Toady already has enough to do, this wouldn't add enough to the game, just go find a good fight in Adventure Mode". In terms of Josh adding this function, I feel rather the same way now - but as a mod? Sure! Absolutely 100% all for it. I'd probably play it a lot, too.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I'd certainly be interested (As a mod) in what would be essentially a quick started normal game (Start as an established empire with a system or something) with frequent invasions.

I feel like that sort of arena would be basically covered by LT's core functionality though, because you just need an empire and to set AI empires around you to hate your guts.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Online Now