Return to “General”

Limit Theory OST

Was there ever any news as to the state of the LT OST?
I believe I recall someone did some composing but I haven't seen anything on that for a very long time.

As much as the gameplay and mechanics are important, soundtrack is imho a make-or-break aspect of the game (Although you can just replace it with EVE's OST anyway).
Nothing more awesome than dogfighting to the eeries sounds of space-y music.

Also, cool space music? Maybe post here? Hyperion? :D

https://soundcloud.com/ccpgames/sets/ev ... ame-tracks
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)
Re: Limit Theory OST

Francois Jolin is the official composer.
Also
Francois Jolin wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:27 pm
Hi Victor, yes sorry to being off the grid. I was knee deep into a crazy deadline for the last weeks. Now everything is back to normal. I’m happy that you kept it alive and all the comments on their Kickstarter page. Hope we can give you a glimpse of LT OST in the first quarter of 2018.

Let’s see :)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

As "space music" I've grown to like Enshines work. The 2015 album called "Singularity" in particular. Fair warning, if you do not like growling, this might not be for you. I'd categorize it as ambient death metal, sort of. Also, I don't like to file music in categories.
You cannot not communicate.
Paul Watzlawick - 1st Axiom

Black--Snow wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:21 am
As much as the gameplay and mechanics are important, soundtrack is imho a make-or-break aspect of the game (Although you can just replace it with EVE's OST anyway).
Nothing more awesome than dogfighting to the eeries sounds of space-y music.

Also, cool space music? Maybe post here? Hyperion? :D
Well, I've come to realize that my personal aesthetic vision for LT only slightly overlaps that of the majority of community members, but that said, here are some pieces I think would be great in LT
Spoiler:      SHOW
Anything by Kai Engel really

Anything by Ludovico Einaudi too

And some more, in no particular order

Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

I would personally love to see some kind of Tracker compatibility to use and modify mod files on the fly. Like in the Soul Reaver series, which added or subtracted instruments and channels depending on the situation.
As for the soundtrack, I would love some old-school industrial in all its glorious gritty crunchyness, like the soundtrack used in Ironseed. For example: ambient combat

EDIT: What a coincedence, those two songs I posted are from the game Ironseed, its soundtrack was composed by Andrew Sega, who was later involved with the Freelancer soundtrack.

Zennofska wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:28 pm
Sounds amazing. Definitely has a spacey vibe. You should check out Mechina, their music has a similar vibe to this.
Yeah, I like Mechina a lot, especially the dark story their albums tell. :thumbup:

Edit @Hyperion:
Also, Ludovico Einaudi as a choice for space music is certainly not a bad one. Just wouldn't have thought of it. :clap:
You cannot not communicate.
Paul Watzlawick - 1st Axiom

Online Now