Return to “General”

Spambots

I wonder if Taiya can detect those spambots, (there was one today again)

Maybe disallowing/detecting any new Member under X posts, to post any URL or URL part?

Or asking any 1 time poster with a possible spam message: "would you like me to delete your post?"

(the correct answer would be "No" btw)

If it says nothing or "does not compute", its a bot
Re: Spambots

She can, she does detect them, she used to get rid of the posts automatically, but Tal is feeling paranoid about it. So instead she informs the IRC, who inform Tal when there is a spam bot needing spanking.

Making a system to ask if you actually want to post will help for a few hours/days at best, but also would be difficult, as PHPBB is incredibly poorly coded, and is a pain in the ass to work with.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

The new post-upgrade bots are trickier to catch, but I should be able to get her to catch all of them properly. Taiya is detecting them as she should, but unfortunately, I lack access to her at the moment (DWMagus is hosting her) and I can't update her with what she needs to actually kill the new ones like she did the old ones. As soon as DWMagus gives me access again, I'll be able to fix the issues.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Damocles wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 am
Or asking any 1 time poster with a possible spam message: "would you like me to delete your post?"
<chortles> I once had a 'bot post on the Oolite forum, and its only content was 'Please delete me!' I duly obliged.
Oolite Naval Attaché

So Talvieno... this divorce you and magus went through.... the public is curious. They want answers.

Care to talk about it?
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Online Now