Return to “General”

Re: Will we get a Dev Log from Josh?

This is the kind of "Are we going to get a Dev Log?" post that I like.

"Are we getting one?"
"He still has time."
"I am looking forward to it."
"He posted one!"
An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all. - Oscar Wilde

We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us. - Friedrich Nietzsche

FormalMoss wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:07 pm
"Bi-weekly" can actually mean either. :)
I don't get it.. Bi-weekly means twice a week in my book.. :?

Just googled it, and you appear to be correct, Tal, but I'm old-skool, and oh, I'm just going to take more meds..
Yeah, bi- is a confusing prefix because it means two pretty much opposite things.
Generally I hear bi-weekly as once every two weeks. It kind of implies a schedule (On the Monday of every second week, for example). "Twice weekly" would probably be more correct in describing something that happens two times each week.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

FormalMoss wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:07 pm
"Bi-weekly" can actually mean either. :)
I don't get it.. Bi-weekly means twice a week in my book.. :?

Just googled it, and you appear to be correct, Tal, but I'm old-skool, and oh, I'm just going to take more meds..
Bi-weekly means every two weeks.
Semi-weekly means every half-week (i.e. twice a week).
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Grumblesaur wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:01 pm

You're correct, I'll start using that one.
However the definition of Bi-weekly includes twice a week so it's still easily confused.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Black--Snow wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:47 pm
Grumblesaur wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:01 pm

You're correct, I'll start using that one.
However the definition of Bi-weekly includes twice a week so it's still easily confused.
English mate.
You're an Aussi, you know "Yeah, na" and "Na, yeah". So you can obviously understand that English can be ... contradictory.
It's a great language for lying in. :3
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now