Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Forumite Residential Archive Map

Having added myself, Virginia appears to have the most representation of any state at the moment.
Flatfingers wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:34 pm
Hyperion wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:02 am
I just realized that this map could be fairly handy in planning out a road trip to make our way to Louisiana for the launch. Already it looks like taking I-81 with a few detours could make it quite an interesting trip. though there's always travel by flying tin can if such is unfeasible.
I used to drive between Louisiana and northern Virginia pretty regularly. I-81 is gorgeous in places, but it seems to go on forever through southern Virginia.

If you do drive, set aside some time for Skyline Drive in VA. It parallels 81, so you won't lose much time, and the views are wonderful (especially in October).
I-81 through Virginia will take you through a very unique stretch of highway. In a section near Wytheville, I-81 runs concurrently with US 11, and I-77 runs concurrently with US 52. There is a brief section where all of these routes follow the same tarmac.

The thing is, these pairs of routes swoop through this pass going opposite ways (and traveling east-west), so you can be traveling on I-81 and US 11 Southbound while simultaneously traveling on I-77 and US 52 Northbound, or vice versa. This is perhaps the only example of a four-way wrong-way concurrency.

(Roadfans, if you've noticed that US 52 is even-numbered and should be signed East-West and not North-South, it's a highway that runs Northwest-Southeast, and its signage varies depending on where you are.)
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Talvieno wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:33 pm
edit: We're up to 29 now, pretty sure. I didn't count three of them because they were in suspicious locations. :think:
Detritus, do you have the ability to remove ones that are obviously fakes? Just to keep the map tidy. :)
As it turns out, "Trigger" and a marker named "Anonymous" are in precisely the same location. :ghost: Both are cleared. Sorry Trigger. :V

I do not believe that our beloved DWMagus, chaste though he may be, would keep his pants in a location far away from his home in sweet, sweet Colarado. :problem: :ghost:
Hawaii is cleared. :V

AND YOU, CODY. :lol: I believe you actually live in England. :ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

We're up to about 37 people now. :D (Counting IronDuke and Detritus as 2, and my two brothers who would also share my marker.)

I also notice a Pro Lurker by the name of DirtySleeve. :) No need to make an account to say hello, DirtySleeve, but I'm glad you're out there! And I think that's the most impressive lurking I've ever seen. :lol:
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Triggerhappy wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:24 am
Victor Tombs wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:07 am
It's interesting but I won't be joining in. :angel:
Do what I did and put yourself where you would like to be on the map! like the very north of siberia! wanna be my neighbour?
Cody wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:43 am
<nods> Tristan da Cunha is nice!
I couldn't do that to Detritus. And it goes against my principle of being as honest as possible here on the forums. :angel:

Online Now