Return to “General”

Limit Theory Forumite Residential Archive Map

So, I know where a lot of you live, at least, general locations. I know which country many of you live in, I know the state for a few of you, and the city for a few as well. But I wanted to get it all down on a map. So I created this thread. :D

Unfortunately, the old map people decided that they want money for their services. Like gosh, rude! Oh well, though. As zircher suggested, we will now be using Google Maps. I have no idea why I didn't use this in the first place. It's as free as Google is. I hope. :D

Here is a link to the map. :D

To add your location, click "Add marker" then click ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET and edit the lil box thingy that comes up. Or just type your city name into the search bar and add it to maps and edit the marker it makes. I don't know. :P
HOWEVER, it apparently needs you to have a Google account, in order to edit and add your marker. :( So, that means your email MIGHT NOT BE PRIVATE. I don't know if it is or not, I think it is private, but just to be sure, anyone who wants to feel safe can just tell me their location (country, state, city, street, bridge, etc) can say so in this thread and I will add you. <3 Just don't give away your precise home address. :D

I've already added myself, so you all know where I hide away at. :D

Oh, and It's also fine if you don't add yourself at all. I won't kill you, but I'd be a bit sad. :ghost:
Last edited by Detritus on Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:
Re: Limit Theory Forumite Residential Archive Map

Cody wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:19 pm
They had one of these on the ED forum - 'twas quite popular for a while.
Then some bright spark moved all the markers into the South Atlantic.
Oh, that's too bad. :( Well, I'm willing to trust that we only have dull stones here, no bright sparks. :D
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:
Re: Limit Theory Forumite Residential Archive Map

IronDuke wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:30 pm
I'm where Det is, but ten feet north. :shifty:

--IronDuke
The house my grandfather grew up in actually sat atop the line that divided one parish from another. It was a running joke that the family "had supper in Rapides Parish and went to bed in Grant Parish."

This is an example of what was funny 100 years ago. Nice to see that some things don't change all that much.

Online Now