Return to “General”

Re: Forum Upgrade

From my profile page:
Information about your computer to help us identify hardware issues. Of special interest are operating system (and if 32/64 bit), RAM, and graphics card. Only moderators and admins can see this field.
Seems a bit odd that it's compulsory, and restricted.
Oolite Naval Attaché

Cody wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:24 am
From my profile page:
Information about your computer to help us identify hardware issues. Of special interest are operating system (and if 32/64 bit), RAM, and graphics card. Only moderators and admins can see this field.
Seems a bit odd that it's compulsory, and restricted.
Serves as a method for us to identify spambots as well, since they'll usually just put silly links to places where you can buy soviet appliances to be delivered to you in an unmarked burlap sack. I suppose it's restricted so that nobody can go around publicly shaming people for their choice in OS? (A pox on your house, Mac users! :ghost: )
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Grumblesaur wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:22 pm
Hey, sometimes that person you think is a spambot is just someone with a really poor grasp on English.
<grins> I was only joshing, as I'm sure you knew. As for identifying them, I've been killing 'bots for so long, I can smell them!
Talvieno wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:23 pm
I think it's important to have...
Agreed. It can save time and hassle - but only if the specs are kept up to date.
Oolite Naval Attaché

Online Now