Return to “General”

Forum Upgrade

A bit of a public service announcement.

I'm going to upgrade the forum software tomorrow. There will be a bit of down time while it's underway. The most immediately noticeable difference will be that the non-default styles (limit lime, limit avocado) will be lost; the style system of phpBB 3.0.x is not supported by 3.2.x. Apart from that, it should be silky smooth. I'll be creating backups of the forum just in case something goes wrong, and if all else fails, we can always revert.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: Forum Upgrade

IronDuke wrote:
Talvieno wrote:A bit of a public service announcement.
Why ain't this in the announcements section then? :ghost:

--IronDuke
Because I don't need to summon everyone to the forum.
BFett wrote:Would you please post what time you plan to start this process, along with time zone.
That depends on a number of factors I have little control over. It would be, hopefully, around 6 PM EST, or midnight in eastern Europe, or 3 PM on the US west coast. This time could easily shift, though, which is why I'm not listing an official timeframe.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Victor Tombs wrote:I hope it goes well for you, Nathan. :thumbup: :angel:
I predict multiple dead ends. and cul-de-sacs. and suchlike. :)
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Detritus wrote:I predict multiple dead ends. and cul-de-sacs. and suchlike. :)
Are you wearing that box on your head again, Detritus? ;) :angel:
...no

You misinterpret my state of being.

I AM THE BOX. :ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

What will I do without the forums? oh gods no!

Oh wait, theres still IRC and the rest of the internet
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Online Now