Return to “General”

Re: Hi Adam!

Truly-amazing how quickly threads get derailed :clap:

Fun story: when the forums were still locked to other users and I was working on them, I noticed this thread, which I hadn't seen before things went down (or before...someone who shall not be named...blew everything up with a nuclear missile.... :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :V jk buddy I love you (you know who you are)).

I read the first page. Then I clicked to get to the second page. The subject of conversation had changed so rapidly that I panicked for an instant, as I thought the database was screwing up and that it had sent me to a page from a different thread. Then I noticed that it was still the same thread title and the post #s were continuous.

ERGO: Threads on this forum are so random that, were you to arrange single pages of posts from a bunch of randomly-chosen threads and glue them all together into a new, merged thread, ......they would have an 'alarmingly-high' chance of looking coherent to someone who's just skimming. It makes me want to try it :ghost:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:ERGO: Threads on this forum are so random that, were you to arrange single pages of posts from a bunch of randomly-chosen threads and glue them all together into a new, merged thread, ......they would have an 'alarmingly-high' chance of looking coherent to someone who's just skimming. It makes me want to try it :ghost:
Just putting this out there, I was once told that I "take the first two things that come into my head, string them into a sentence and blurt them out"
So the level of crazy on the forums I reside on is entirely not unexpected to me.

Seeing as your development style could be considered this way inclined in the past too, I doubt that you should be all that surprised at the kind of people you attracted here.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
Toba - A Development Dump

JoshParnell wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:25 am
Truly-amazing how quickly threads get derailed :clap:

Fun story: when the forums were still locked to other users and I was working on them, I noticed this thread, which I hadn't seen before things went down (or before...someone who shall not be named...blew everything up with a nuclear missile.... :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :V jk buddy I love you (you know who you are)).

I read the first page. Then I clicked to get to the second page. The subject of conversation had changed so rapidly that I panicked for an instant, as I thought the database was screwing up and that it had sent me to a page from a different thread. Then I noticed that it was still the same thread title and the post #s were continuous.

ERGO: Threads on this forum are so random that, were you to arrange single pages of posts from a bunch of randomly-chosen threads and glue them all together into a new, merged thread, ......they would have an 'alarmingly-high' chance of looking coherent to someone who's just skimming. It makes me want to try it :ghost:
Sorry, but we're not sorry Josh. We just love to derail all the threads! :D

Oh, and welcome @Adam!
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JoshParnell wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:25 am
Ooo idea.
Limit Theory queries the forums server.
It returns a random post. Or three.
Use that as the initial seed for a game. :P

If we are random enough, we would be able to provide a good seed. :P
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
Toba - A Development Dump

Silverware wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:21 pm
Ooo idea.
Limit Theory queries the forums server.
It returns a random post. Or three.
Use that as the initial seed for a game. :P

If we are random enough, we would be able to provide a good seed. :P
Considering the length of some posts on this forum ... :shifty: ... That sounds rather dangerous :lol:
The conquest of Nature is to be achieved through Number and Measure.
It's better to have questions you can't answer than answers you can't question.

Imagination Fertilizer

Online Now