Silverware wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:53 pm
JanB1 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:16 pm
Ouh, nice! BFett has a new avater. :D
Not recently...
That one has been his for ages.
DUCK has a new Avatar.
Heh, yep it's my old avatar and one that I've had since 2012 or so.
It looks brighter because the new forum layout makes it bigger I think.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)
Re: LT Feature List Discussion Thread

Silverware wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:53 pm
JanB1 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:16 pm
Ouh, nice! BFett has a new avater. :D
Not recently...
That one has been his for ages.
DUCK has a new Avatar.
Wait...really? I thought it was new...

Yeah, I wrote something about ducks new avatar in the "New Emotes" thread. :)
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Features list:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6134

Feature completion has be in flux over the years,
so it's kinda hard to nail down. A lot of the work has
been on the game engine itself, and it seems like it's nearly finished,
meanwhile the reintroduction of previously completed features under the old engine
should be rapidly reintegrated in to the current engine along with some new ones.
we are only just now seeing features being considered 100% completed.

check out the devblogs for more details.
viewforum.php?f=30&sid=676830c0c3db0ba4e373e3d771410984
"A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

Hey Nirnak! Nice to see you here! :) As it stands, a percentage-complete list would look far more disappointing than you'd expect, and it's not something we're quite willing to release just yet. The reason for this is that, at the moment, the game is stripped down to the bare bones so we can make sure the engine is running smoothly and properly. We do have many of the gameplay elements worked out, though, and the code for it is all saved away safely. When it comes time to re-implement them, development will advance very rapidly.

As an example of why we're a against putting out a "percentage complete" number or graph just yet, imagine that LT's development checklist contains 100 items total (a nice round number to make this simpler. You could say, at this point, that the game is 1% complete, as "Engine" would surely take up a single checkmark. That's four years for 1%! Using those kind of flawed statistics, you could assume the entire game would take 400 years to complete, which is of course ludicrous enough that nobody would consider that a believable estimate. When the engine is done, we'd fly through the rest at anywhere from 10 to 50% a month, which would seem strange given how long it took to get to 1% on our little imaginary graph. As such, even something like a simple "percentage complete" number would mean very little and be rather misleading.

If you follow along with the updates, though, you'll be quite well able to see where the project currently stands - and of course we're here to answer any questions you might have as well, to the best of our ability. :)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Yo, Talvieno!

Now that the FPLT has been solved (\o/), and the architectural planning for rapidly generating Actual Gameplay Code is under way, would now be a good time to check and see whether the Limit Theory Feature List needs updating?

The last update was marked as June 5, 2017. I'm wondering if anything meaningful has changed since then, especially now that we seem to be on the path to completion.

For forum members: is there anything in that list you think should have changed?

Thanks!

Flatfingers wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:01 am
Yo, Talvieno!

Now that the FPLT has been solved (\o/), and the architectural planning for rapidly generating Actual Gameplay Code is under way, would now be a good time to check and see whether the Limit Theory Feature List needs updating?

The last update was marked as June 5, 2017. I'm wondering if anything meaningful has changed since then, especially now that we seem to be on the path to completion.
Nope! Actually, I went over the list within the past week and tried to see if there was anything that might need changed. As far as I'm aware, everything on the list is still completely valid. :)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now