Return to “General”

manual building

can we equip are ships with building modules and build things like or stations or asteroid mines ourselves if we aren't satisfied with our construction drones or a construction ship piloted by an AI?

can we also scuttle (destroy) a station or a ship or any asset that the player requested to be built if the player doesn't want that ship anymore?

update: I forgot to mention scrapping but ironduke mentioned that how will scrapping ships work? will we get only 70% of are resources back?(of course it wouldn't make sense to not get a full refund of CREDITS to me)
Last edited by jonathanredden on Sat May 06, 2017 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: manual building

jonathanredden wrote:can we equip are ships with building modules and build things like or stations or asteroid mines ourselves if we aren't satisfied with our construction drones or a construction ship piloted by an AI?
Do you mean change the design? If so, then yes. You can use the ship/station editor (in-game) to change the model for a ship or station module blueprint. If you mean actually carry out the construction yourself, no, construction drones must do it (but why would you want to...it's a boring automated process!)
can we also scuttle (destroy) a station or a ship or any asset that the player requested to be built if the player doesn't want that ship anymore?
Yes.

Although the mechanics for this haven't been locked in, you'll also be able to place your ship or station for sale on the market for NPCs to buy (a better option than scuttling if you need the cash).
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

jonathanredden wrote:can we equip are ships with building modules and build things like or stations or asteroid mines ourselves if we aren't satisfied with our construction drones or a construction ship piloted by an AI?
This is an interesting question. Will there be different levels of construction drones where building times vary based on the number and quality of the drones? I would hope that the base variable for construction times would be moddable using lua.

IronDuke wrote:What about scrapping? Similar to scuttling, but you can reclaim some of the resources used in the construction.

--IronDuke
I actually don't know. I'll say that reclamation being in the game is almost certainly tied to whether or not salvaging is in. They go hand-in-hand in terms of the underlying logic. But I don't know if salvaging is a thing yet or not :ghost: I hope it is.
BFett wrote:This is an interesting question. Will there be different levels of construction drones where building times vary based on the number and quality of the drones? I would hope that the base variable for construction times would be moddable using lua.
If I worry about whether or not C should even know what a 'thruster' is, you really think I'm going to hardcode something like build speed? Come now, be a reasonable bloke :ghost:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

IronDuke wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:But I don't know if salvaging is a thing yet or not :ghost: I hope it is.
It better be. I wanna be a space vulture. :twisted:

--IronDuke
CAW CAW :o

*shoots crow* :evil:

*walks away* :ghost:

SCREEEEEeeeeeeEEE!!! :twisted:
*vulture descends on crow-carcass* :shock:
*takes out core internals, uses parts to upgrade self* :twisted:

*flies away, new and improved, leaving nothing but an empty shell behind* :twisted:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Detritus wrote:
IronDuke wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:But I don't know if salvaging is a thing yet or not :ghost: I hope it is.
It better be. I wanna be a space vulture. :twisted:

--IronDuke
CAW CAW :o

*shoots crow* :evil:

*walks away* :ghost:

SCREEEEEeeeeeeEEE!!! :twisted:
*vulture descends on crow-carcass* :shock:
*takes out core internals, uses parts to upgrade self* :twisted:

*flies away, new and improved, leaving nothing but an empty shell behind* :twisted:
Image Uhm....what?!
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Online Now