Return to “General”

Re: Nebula Zen

Scytale wrote:
Flatfingers wrote: The other day I had a dithyramb in my trochee, and it completely iambed my dactyls.
How very alexandrine of you
Stop with your gibberish you two!

(Seriously, I had to look up all these words... :? )
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Gibberish would be if I said I floorgled my vushnaks.

The above words are all real (although I took a minor liberty in verbing "iamb") and used in poesy. It's definitely got its own jargon words, though not as many as are invented today for computer programming.

So is the acronym ITAD no longer being taught today for memorizing the four basic prosodic meters: iambic, trochaic, anapestic, and dactylic?

(Note to self: must figure out some way of looping this thread back to, you know, nebula zen. The poetry of space art, maybe? Are there a few basic, recognizable metrical forms in nebula generation?)

Flatfingers wrote:Gibberish would be if I said I floorgled my vushnaks.

The above words are all real (although I took a minor liberty in verbing "iamb") and used in poesy. It's definitely got its own jargon words, though not as many as are invented today for computer programming.

So is the acronym ITAD no longer being taught today for memorizing the four basic prosodic meters: iambic, trochaic, anapestic, and dactylic?

(Note to self: must figure out some way of looping this thread back to, you know, nebula zen. The poetry of space art, maybe? Are there a few basic, recognizable metrical forms in nebula generation?)
Yeah, I know it's not gibberish. I was just joking. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

I only learned iambic and picked up about dactyls through later osmosis. They never taught us much acronyms ado about poetry in high school :( (though we got STEP-UP but that's different)

Scytale wrote:

I only learned iambic and picked up about dactyls through later osmosis. They never taught us much acronyms ado about poetry in high school :( (though we got STEP-UP but that's different)
STOP IT! THat's really rude! My English is not THAT good and now I feel bad about that fact.
Nothing to see here

Dinosawer wrote:No. They're used in traditional poetry in any language from Latin to Dutch to English to German to...
Really? Well...never heard of em. Why would someone even speak such nonsense today? Shush. :roll:
Nothing to see here

Because it's still used :ghost:
Basically, they're about the rhytm of the poem - ever noticed how limericks go
ta TA ta ta TA ta ta TA ta
ta TA ta ta TA
ta TA ta ta TA
(or slight variants thereof)
well, ta ta TA is an anapest. That's all there is to it :mrgreen:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:Because it's still used :ghost:
I refuse to accept this fact. And because I don't accept it, it can therefore not be true (I think this is seriously how some people go through life). :angel:
Nothing to see here

Online Now