Only submissions in this thread, please.
Welcome to the thirteenth edition of the Limit Theory Fan Contest! This is a rather special month, because this month happens to have a Friday that falls on the 13th! ...Actually, I just made that up. That doesn't happen until October. Still, I can't resist the fun that could come from setting this month's theme around the superstitious idea that something terrible happens on the thirteenth of something. As a result, this month will be about "bad luck". It doesn't necessarily have to focus completely on bad luck, but it must openly feature the topic in some form. Be a little creative, and I'm sure you can come up with something awesome. Everyone can make as many admissions as they like, but only one can be the "official" admission by which you are judged.
This contest will have 3 prizes for the top three submissions, and each entrant can only win one prize. If there are less than six entrants, only two prizes will be given out. If there are less than four entrants, only one prize will be awarded. If there are less than two entrants, no prizes will be given. Selected prizes will be taken from the pool, and winners can choose between them. First place gets first pick.
The objective: Create art about Limit Theory.
This could be in written form as a story, lore, or a detailed idea for a mod. It could be visual like a gif, photoshop or video. Or even audio - anyone up for a bit of stand-up about Limit Theory? These are just a few ideas off the top of my head, but I'm sure you guys can think of a lot more. It is fine to use other games' assets in your submissions, as long as your work is your own.
Rule of thumb: "Does it spotlight Limit Theory?"
- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (courtesy of Naed)
- Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (courtesy of Cornflakes)
- Trine 2: Complete Story (courtesy of Naed)
- Crysis 2: Maximum Edition (courtesy of Naed)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (courtesy of Cornflakes)
- ??? (unpicked prize from February)
- The artwork needs to be about Limit Theory per the objective.
- Everybody is free to enter but can only submit one entry to the contest. You are free to change or replace your submission for as long as the contest is open.
- If you have submitted more than one work, you need to be very clear about which one you're entering. If there is any doubt, the latest entry in the forum thread will be judged.
- You cannot submit something you've already submitted to a previous LTFC. Submitting things you plan to (or have) submitted to other non-LT contests is discouraged.
- All contest submissions have to be made as a reply to this thread.
- Submitting a prize does not exclude you from having a submission scored.
- Judges are not barred from making a submission themselves, but their submissions can't earn prizes. If they would like their submissions to earn prizes, they cannot act as a judge for that month.
- The contest will be open to new submissions until Sunday, April 2nd, 23:59 GMT.
- Discussion about this contest or submissions can happen here.
- Any prizes are yours to do whatever you want with them. You can even give the prize to someone else if you'd like, and they don't have to be from this forum.
Our panel of three judges will evaluate the submissions based on the following criteria:
- Originality: 30%
- Aesthetic: 25%
- Details: 10%
- X factor: 20%
- Realism according to the LT universe: 15%
And most importantly: Have fun!