Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Thread

Flatfingers wrote:
alpan wrote:backers are somewhat underrepresented here.
I'm curious -- not disagreeing, just curious -- why you think this.

How are you measuring representation?
You don't need to qualify your curiosity. I made no real measurement -- it's common sense.

But I see why you're curious. I made a mistake when using the word representation. I meant that KS backers are better represented, and reached out to, on Kickstarter, rather than this forum. I suppose that isn't the same as backers being underrepresented. Sorry about that.

Otherwise. The Kickstarter platform is by definition the entire population of the backers, and Josh will have maximum reach by posting an update there. This forum, on the other hand, contains fewer members than the backer count, and while I don't know how many of them are backers, I'm going with half. That so few people, comparatively, have posted in the "what's your KS backer number" thread, and the number of recurring posters that show up in the threads and posts, further imply a classic power law situation where a few people drive the whole thing.

Sure, there are guests. There are lurkers. But Josh will still reach more people on Kickstarter than on here.

I agree with you, alpan. I've always pushed for updates on the KS. It's a much better way of distributing any information to the backers.

I've had a bellyful of creators raising their target money on the KS platform and then disappearing to their own website/facebook etc. Treating the people who gave them the wherewithal to complete their projects with less than gratitude or even what appears to be contempt. :angel:

I'm too old for that post Victor. There's a little smiling man at the end but his hair is a little different than the normal smiley. I don't know exactly what it means. Could it be tempering the words contempt and bellyfull or making them harsher?

I'm too old for this world. Smileys are a pseudo language I don't understand and now Patrick Stewart is playing a poo in the emoji film. The universe has gone mad and left me behind.

scousematt wrote:I'm too old for that post Victor. There's a little smiling man at the end but his hair is a little different than the normal smiley. I don't know exactly what it means. Could it be tempering the words contempt and bellyfull or making them harsher?

I'm too old for this world. Smileys are a pseudo language I don't understand and now Patrick Stewart is playing a poo in the emoji film. The universe has gone mad and left me behind.
Hello scousematt, good to converse with you again. :D It's a kind of signature for most of my posts. I'm well known for using the little angel, in fact I've even had complaints for not using it. :lol:

scousematt wrote:There's a little smiling man at the end but his hair is a little different than the normal smiley. I don't know exactly what it means. Could it be tempering the words contempt and bellyfull or making them harsher?
It's a halo. It's supposed to be an "I'm innocent" angel, I think.

Also. :lol:
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

scousematt wrote:I'm too old for this world. Smileys are a pseudo language I don't understand and now Patrick Stewart is playing a poo in the emoji film. The universe has gone mad and left me behind.
You can blame Josh Parnell for introducing me to the little yellow faces. I'd never used them until I started conversing with him. Now I'm lost without them. ;) And I'd appreciate it if you didn't steal my usual words about being old. I've seen better days myself and often feel like a dinosaur here among the younger members of this Community. :angel:

Online Now