Return to “General”

Re: The general happiness thread

Starbuck wrote:...did I miss something?
Josh is conversing with select folks once again. Nothing concrete happening yet although we've had the faintest glimmer of a possible update.
kaeroku wrote:2050. Agreed.
kaeoku is calling for the update to be out at 8:50PM tonight. I'm a bit more conservative in my estimate, but it's nice to see some optimism from the guy!

:ghost: :ghost:

Talvieno wrote:If Josh doesn't post anything soon, I'll make a post of my own detailing (almost) everything I know.
Would that not be flouting Josh's wishes. :/
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Depends. If he doesn't come back anytime soon, and he's off to disappear for a while, then I think it's better I post something to the forum. I'll give it a week.

That said, I don't really know that much. :\ So it wouldn't be anywhere near as useful as a real Joshpost.

note: I don't think I'll have to post for him. I'm just laying it out there for the community's sake. One way or another, you'll get news.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Just got a message from Josh. :) He said something happened (unclear); the past few days have been far busier than he expected and he hasn't had much work time available. (Not apologizing for him, but just wanted to update you guys.) He said the post is done except for finalization, and he'll have time for the proofreading/checking/etc. later tonight. Apparently he wrote a longer one than I suggested, but he does seem to be (as far as I can tell from what he said) following my urging to be transparent from here on out.

So it sounds like everything's going to be all right. :)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Just got a message from Josh. :) He said something happened (unclear); the past few days have been far busier than he expected and he hasn't had much work time available. (Not apologizing for him, but just wanted to update you guys.) He said the post is done except for finalization, and he'll have time for the proofreading/checking/etc. later tonight. Apparently he wrote a longer one than I suggested, but he does seem to be (as far as I can tell from what he said) following my urging to be transparent from here on out.

So it sounds like everything's going to be all right. :)
That's great to hear Talvieno. I anticipate the update.

Is it possible to have him pass off the "forum communication" to someone else?
I'd think a community manager that posted for Josh could help move some of the stress off Josh's shoulders.

I just want to make sure Josh has as much support as possible.
Partly because his game is one of the most interesting I've come across,
but mainly because I don't Josh to have to go through anything like this again.
An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all. - Oscar Wilde

We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Online Now