Return to “General”

Re: The general happiness thread

bkdevil wrote:
You are very gracious. I'm glad I could generate a happy expression for you while you were on these forums. :) :thumbup:
I'm not a fan of being the Skull and Crossbones, where hopes go to wither and die. Generally I'm happy to have expectations met consistently.

I'm happy that expectations created via Tal were met, despite perceptions regarding the nature of the communication which make it seem unlikely they will continue to be met (namely the apparently irresistible compulsion to write a book instead of a brief incremental update.)

I will be happier when expectations which are set by the creator are consistently met by the creator. I am happy to imagine a scenario where such a thing is happening, resulting in me perhaps not being a poster child for doom and gloom.

So there it is Josh. I'm willing to rejoin the light side if you give me sufficient reason. And perhaps that concept will bring others happiness.

Talvieno wrote:I'm going to work hard to ensure he isn't writing any more books in the future. At least... not until after LT has released. :ghost:

"Off The Rails: The Story of Limit Theory's Development"

Sounds like a nice book title. :D
Wasn't that a backer pledge level? ;)

Or maybe I'm thinking of something slightly different. There was a book of some sort in there as I recall.

Talvieno wrote:I'm going to work hard to ensure he isn't writing any more books in the future. At least... not until after LT has released. :ghost:

I like that train of thought.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:

I like that train of thought.
Train...? TRAIN!? TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!?

THE HYPE TRAIN NEVER STOPS! (Even though it kind of did...maybe...right...*runs*)
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Detritus wrote:These train puns are hurting me. :?
Aw don't worry, I'm sure they won't gain too much traction. We're just throwing sand [on the tracks], here. Blowing your whistle. Conducting ourselves with humor.

Besides, this is the happiness thread. If you're reading [railroad] this, and you're hurt, there's another thread for those feelings. :) (I jest!)

Detritus wrote:You are so polite to me, it is astounding. :thumbup:
I hope I have always been so. I have always taken effort with my judgment, nay-saying and concern to be reasonable, well-considered and courteous. Though there are times where the response garnered has caused me to question whether I've been successful in said endeavors.

Online Now