Return to “General”

Re: The general happiness thread

joker wrote:I got to talk to josh on irc last night for the first time and I enjoyed it. I have no financial stake in LT so my view might be skewed but I do think LT final release will see the light one day, no idea when though.
Josh renewed his promise to me that I will get the Freelancer 2 I signed up for, joker, but he wasn't giving any promises as to when. He did say "in due time". I'm just happy that he's communicating again. :D

I feel so pleased that Josh has returned. I honestly just woke up from having the best dream of this month; I dreamt that one day while checking the LT forums, Josh had returned and posted a 'beta complete' post. This has always been my favourite game even though I've never played it. Even if I never do, Josh has still created my favourite game and it's only taken my subconscious mind for me to finally realise. I've grown up with this project- if it had come too soon I wouldn't have been an improving amateur programmer come CS student when it released, I would have been an arrogant 13 year old. Nowadays I get bored by every game after very little play time because as soon as I even get a hint of the game's constraints, it completely ends any enjoyment of it. I know that what Josh is building is limitless.

It's so true. Limit Theory in concept if not gameplay is exactly what I've ever wanted in a game. I used to dream of FPS battles and being able to view them in RTS mode with the press of a button. Added to that a dynamic economy which supplies ships with the ammo and equipment. Put in customization and freedom of choice and you have an awesome game on your hands.

The other things Josh has added are just icing on the cake.

BFett wrote:It's so true. Limit Theory in concept if not gameplay is exactly what I've ever wanted in a game. I used to dream of FPS battles and being able to view them in RTS mode with the press of a button. Added to that a dynamic economy which supplies ships with the ammo and equipment. Put in customization and freedom of choice and you have an awesome game on your hands.

The other things Josh has added are just icing on the cake.

Have you heard of House of the Dying sun? If not you should check it out. The whole concept is awesome space fights where you can control from first person or RTS mode. It doesnt have an economy or anything of the like. But it is very cool.

Here is the link to the steam page.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/283160/

Yeah, I picked it up during the winter sale and returned it after an hour of play because of the weapon unlock system and game mechanics in general.

My FPS flight experience is limited to Descent II and x-wing alliance. The latter I played hundreds of hours of.

I like the tactics of Mech Commander 2 and the economy management of Alien Legacy.

IronDuke wrote:
BFett wrote:Mech Commander 2
Now I want to play it again. :(

--IronDuke
I'm getting déjà vu vibes here. I remember we discussed this once before but it may have been in IRC. Love "mech" games. Own quite a few including Mech Commander 1 and 2. The Earthsiege franchise was a favourite along with the Mechwarrior computer games. I don't play board games so I'm not familiar with any of those. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
IronDuke wrote:
BFett wrote:Mech Commander 2
Now I want to play it again. :(

--IronDuke
I'm getting déjà vu vibes here. I remember we discussed this once before but it may have been in IRC. Love "mech" games. Own quite a few including Mech Commander 1 and 2. The Earthsiege franchise was a favourite along with the Mechwarrior computer games. I don't play board games so I'm not familiar with any of those. :angel:
Yeah, I'm probably repeating myself for the 5th time in the 3 years I've been here. I've never played Earthseige, though I have played Mech Warrior 4 Mercs v3.1 and Mech Warrior Online. I think I've also played Mech Warrior 2: 31st Century Combat but that was years ago and I never did more than the practice missions. I apologize if I repeat the same things over and over. They are the games that have inspired me through the years; mostly due to their uniqueness among so many other titles.

BFett wrote:Yeah, I'm probably repeating myself for the 5th time in the 3 years I've been here. I've never played Earthseige, though I have played Mech Warrior 4 Mercs v3.1 and Mech Warrior Online. I think I've also played Mech Warrior 2: 31st Century Combat but that was years ago and I never did more than the practice missions. I apologize if I repeat the same things over and over. They are the games that have inspired me through the years; mostly due to their uniqueness among so many other titles.
Apology not needed, BFett. I enjoy reading about games I like/have liked. It makes me happy. :D

BFett wrote: I've never played Earthseige, though I have played Mech Warrior 4 Mercs v3.1 and Mech Warrior Online. I think I've also played Mech Warrior 2: 31st Century Combat but that was years ago and I never did more than the practice missions. I apologize if I repeat the same things over and over. They are the games that have inspired me through the years; mostly due to their uniqueness among so many other titles.
Ahh man, I *loved* the Mech Warrior series with a passion! I don't have a system capable of running them any more, I have to resort to emulators now, but for me they were almost perfect games. I loved negotiating contracts in the first one, and the graphics of the later games just blew me away.

I never did get on with MWO, it just wanted to throw me into PvP with no explanation or time to understand anything, strangely.

I love you talking about games you like, BFett - long may you continue to do so!
--
Mind The Gap

BFett wrote:I apologize if I repeat the same things over and over. They are the games that have inspired me through the years; mostly due to their uniqueness among so many other titles.
Speaking of Mechwarrior, this week I received an email about an update to Mechwarrior: Living Legends. I liked the game much more than MWO.
going to leave this link here in case you're interested http://clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
Oh, Have you played Starsiege?

scrizz wrote:
BFett wrote:I apologize if I repeat the same things over and over. They are the games that have inspired me through the years; mostly due to their uniqueness among so many other titles.
Speaking of Mechwarrior, this week I received an email about an update to Mechwarrior: Living Legends. I liked the game much more than MWO.
going to leave this link here in case you're interested http://clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
Oh, Have you played Starsiege?
Unfortunately, no bot match in in MWLL
I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.

Online Now