Return to “General”

Re: The general happiness thread

Ringu wrote:Are the naysayers allowed to hijack this thread in the same way the "Trust In Josh"'ers do with any thread that tries to call him out on his appalling behaviour towards us Kickstarter backers? :-p

"Appalling" is a subjective term. So I guess if you are easily offended, or never quite grasped the kickstarter concept, then I suppose you could feel that way.
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Ringu wrote:Are the naysayers allowed to hijack this thread in the same way the "Trust In Josh"'ers do with any thread that tries to call him out on his appalling behaviour towards us Kickstarter backers? :-p
Hijacking this thread would constitute off-topic discussion and being a killjoy. I'll leave it up to you to determine which one of those things is against the rules as they're written and which one of those things is going to make you look like a bonehead and a jerk to your fellow community members.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

We could always open the General Optimism thread and the General Apologist thread, and then all posts can be moved to the appropriate place :)
Poet1960 wrote:I am just glad someone is at least trying to create this kind of game ... I am also glad that someone is taking their time to do it RIGHT. Too many games are slapped together and pushed out the door these days ... If it was easy to do, it would have already been done. I am just grateful he's at least attempting to make the kind of space game I have dreamed of. Good luck to Josh
Well said, and 100% agreed on all points. The very fact that Josh remains determined to produce the game he originally sold us on is what makes me happy.

Grumblesaur wrote:
Hijacking this thread would constitute off-topic discussion and being a killjoy. I'll leave it up to you to determine which one of those things is against the rules as they're written and which one of those things is going to make you look like a bonehead and a jerk to your fellow community members.
Sorry all - I was trying to be funny and I just came over sounding like a dick.

You know that situation when you have a funny thought in your head and turns out you can't express it properly? Yeah. :-(
--
Mind The Gap

Guys n girls,

Please can we not hijack this thread as you have another thread for dissent :ghost:

In the past I myself have been guilty of reading all the doom 'n' gloom posts and poeple's dissent....but not anymore as it's the same old stuff rinse and repeated and it won't get us anywhere. We all came to this forum for a game. We all stayed past the delay's in the hope of this game and for the other forum members because it was a nice place to be - please let's not lose sight of this fact as we need to get it back and stick together!

I want Josh to log in and read this thread as a sort of a "BOOSTER" so he can find some kind of inspiration or motivation and be happier!!!

Most of the dissenters (and there's not many compared with the amount that will buy the game on launch) like myself are NOT backers. Only a handful of backers are concerned. Most of them either haven't dissented or haven't posted!

If we truely believe in Josh and this game then we need to "encourage him on" to that finishing line just as TEAM GB did in the Olympic's being by far the best team per man in the event (and that made me a little happy) :mrgreen:

We need to believe that the new change over to python etc is for the best and will now allow him to finish the game to an even better standard than would have been possible with the old system (similar to what has happened at CI and Star Citizen) and even quicker than before.

We need to make Josh feel happy so he want's to get a few updates out now and then. Don't you know that the more we complain the more Josh might hide away and that's the last thing we all want. I know the update was mentioned to be around July time BUT let's encourage Josh to keep going and the HAPPINESS will come!

I was thinking perhaps Josh might create a few easter eggs (as an add on?) for us to enjoy like a "dissent star" that goes around destroying planets and complaining kind of like a moaning death star but with Josh's face on it - That would make me very happy :monkey:

Could someone GIF that onto here?

Anybody out on the razz last night?

Starbuck wrote:If we truely believe in Josh and this game then we need to "encourage him on" to that finishing line just as TEAM GB did in the Olympic's being by far the best team per man in the event
Yeah, no other team in the Olympics came close to showing the support for Limit Theory that Great Britain did. It was unexpected (to me at least), but I'll bet Josh sure got a kick out of it.

I just looked up the numbers for Rio at medalspercapita.com out of curiosity. Their definition of "weighted" medals gives Tajikistan the top spot; and for a pure total-medal-count-per-team size, using the same data, I give Azerbaijan the top spot (for 18 medals from 56 athletes). GB are 8th and 7th respectively in those rankings. GB had a superb Games for sure, but I'm not sure what calculation you're using to reach your stated conclusion?

(I don't wish to reduce the level of happiness, though. I can only hope that we have Limit Theory enthusiasts from Tajikistan and Azerbaijan reading, in order to maintain the balance!)

I think what I'm hoping for most is a sense of wonder at the universe. For it to feel truly vast and waiting to be explored. For systems to feel somehow unique when I visit. For empty places to feel like I'm the only living thing, and for populated places to feel like I'm an ant in a vast population. For all of that to feel as if it's a single continuous universe of possibilities. And for none of the moment-to-moment gameplay to detract from that feeling. I guess to me that's the potential of the heavy focus on procedural generation.

I know that ultimately the game needs to be multifaceted, and that it needs to attend to the small details if those broader strokes of setting and atmosphere are going to feel like atmosphere, rather than like the main attraction. In reality I'm saying that I hope the game does everything so well that I can sit back and marvel at how it's all framed. I know I shouldn't necessarily look forward to something that isn't guaranteed, but I'll be so happy if it transpires the way I hope.

Online Now