Return to “General”

I moustache you a Question...

How does it all begin? How does the universe start? Where does the infrastructure to build the ships come from? The parts? The economy? The Executives? The Workers? :think:

Where does the universe come from? :ghost: :twisted:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!
Re: I moustache you a Question...

IronDuke wrote:It begins:
Spoiler:      SHOW
with a double-click on an executable. :mrgreen:
--IronDuke
As good of an answer as anything, I suppose. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Idunno wrote:How does it all begin? How does the universe start? Where does the infrastructure to build the ships come from? The parts? The economy? The Executives? The Workers? :think:

Well due to the laws of physics/thermodynamics/etc. we can conclude that since energy is conserved, the universe within LT actually comes from the energy we produce on Earth. Converted from electricity to data by the PC, which could be LT's God, perhaps, and we are their Jesus?

How else do you explain cheating? :V
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Black--Snow wrote:
Idunno wrote:How does it all begin? How does the universe start? Where does the infrastructure to build the ships come from? The parts? The economy? The Executives? The Workers? :think:

Well due to the laws of physics/thermodynamics/etc. we can conclude that since energy is conserved, the universe within LT actually comes from the energy we produce on Earth. Converted from electricity to data by the PC, which could be LT's God, perhaps, and we are their Jesus?

How else do you explain cheating? :V
You guys are getting more into this "technically correct" thing. :ghost: :think:

How does it all begin?
Well the answer may lay in the following answers.

How does the universe start?
The LT universe is generated by a seed in much the same way Minecraft maps are. The map has preset items placed on it at random locations (much like the trees and bio-zones in MC) Time is then accelerated so that when the player enters the map the location of everything is real and not just based off of the base seed. This is outlined in Video 6 or 7 if I recall correctly.

Where does the infrastructure to build the ships come from?
The executive NPCs and worker NPCs mine resources and begin constructing things. Construction was one of the last features Josh wanted to work on, so it happens to have the least amount known about it.

The parts?
Same as the previous question. NPCs build with raw materials to create what is needed for construction. Parts are not something that Josh has touched on in any great detail.

The economy?
This is basic Economics. You have a bear skin, I have a dozen heads of corn. We want the item the other has so we make a trade. This is also how supply and demand works on larger markets. The more demand the product has the more expensive it becomes as its supply decreases. If the supply is greater than demand, the price falls to compensate. (This is the very basics of Intro to Economics and is an ideal system)

The Executives and workers?
A percentage of the populous are born as executive NPCs which manage the workers. Both workers and executive NPCs are born on planets and stations.

CSE wrote:
Poet1960 wrote:Quite simple really...

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.

:angel: :mrgreen:
In the beginning, there was an inexistant nothing.
:ghost:
Inexistant?
What ever happened to conservation of energy, sir?
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

BFett wrote:

How does it all begin?
Well the answer may lay in the following answers.

How does the universe start?
The LT universe is generated by a seed in much the same way Minecraft maps are. The map has preset items placed on it at random locations (much like the trees and bio-zones in MC) Time is then accelerated so that when the player enters the map the location of everything is real and not just based off of the base seed. This is outlined in Video 6 or 7 if I recall correctly.
I got that from all of the Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress comparisons. :ghost:
Where does the infrastructure to build the ships come from?
The executive NPCs and worker NPCs mine resources and begin constructing things. Construction was one of the last features Josh wanted to work on, so it happens to have the least amount known about it.

The parts?
Same as the previous question. NPCs build with raw materials to create what is needed for construction. Parts are not something that Josh has touched on in any great detail.
Where does the stuff to build the stuff come from?

Who built the first assembly machine? :think:
The economy?
This is basic Economics. You have a bear skin, I have a dozen heads of corn. We want the item the other has so we make a trade. This is also how supply and demand works on larger markets. The more demand the product has the more expensive it becomes as its supply decreases. If the supply is greater than demand, the price falls to compensate. (This is the very basics of Intro to Economics and is an ideal system)
So the economy is an emergent one. Will currency be invented by the NPCs as a more easily regulated method of payment?
The Executives and workers?
A percentage of the populous are born as executive NPCs which manage the workers. Both workers and executive NPCs are born on planets and stations.
But if the player enables perma-death, and the Executives have the same options as the player, where do the new Executives come from? :ghost: :twisted:

Idunno wrote:
1. Where does the stuff to build the stuff come from?

2. Who built the first assembly machine? :think:

3. Will currency be invented by the NPCs as a more easily regulated method of payment?

4. But if the player enables perma-death, and the Executives have the same options as the player, where do the new Executives come from? :ghost: :twisted:

1. Planets and asteroids contain all the building blocks for civilized life.

2. A NPC did, probably one of the working ones.

3. Yes, the development videos show as much.

4. Executives come from planets and stations. The same is true with workers.

Online Now