Return to “General”

Re: Compatibility with Windows 10

Dinosawer wrote:Not said, more because he hasn't really said much at all lately.
As always, the Problem Elephant in the Room.
The prototype was developed before win10 was a thing, I strongly doubt Josh wouldn't make LT run on it since 45 percent of steam users runs it
No offense, but I'd prefer to see what Josh says about this. But I am not holding my breath.

BFett wrote:If Josh doesn't support Win 10 I'm going to download and install Ubuntu.
Semi-OT, but the more I read about Windows 10 the less I'm inclined to install it at all. For now I'm fine with Win 7, but once support for that runs out it might be time to switch to Linux.

So if LT is available for purchase some day, I'm more interested in the Linux version than in the Windows version. Because by the time LT is ready, Windows might be on its way out for me :-P

I'm only guessing here, but I'd expect the correct question is not whether Actual Limit Theory will work on Windows 10, but rather whether it will also run under Windows 7. Just because the prototype was specific to Windows 7 doesn't mean Actual Limit Theory must/will be as well.

As for the prototype, I actually played it on my Win 10 rig a couple of weeks ago just for fun. It runs just fine for me as long as I don't take a mission.

Flatfingers wrote:I'm only guessing here, but I'd expect the correct question is not whether Actual Limit Theory will work on Windows 10, but rather whether it will also run under Windows 7. Just because the prototype was specific to Windows 7 doesn't mean Actual Limit Theory must/will be as well.

As for the prototype, I actually played it on my Win 10 rig a couple of weeks ago just for fun. It runs just fine for me as long as I don't take a mission.
I reinstalled the LTP on my older Windows 10 Desktop PC, Flat, it works fine for me. I even managed to complete a few missions. :thumbup: :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:I'm only guessing here, but I'd expect the correct question is not whether Actual Limit Theory will work on Windows 10, but rather whether it will also run under Windows 7. Just because the prototype was specific to Windows 7 doesn't mean Actual Limit Theory must/will be as well.

I reinstalled the LTP on my older Windows 10 Desktop PC, Flat, it works fine for me. I even managed to complete a few missions. :thumbup: :angel:
Just want to back this up. Played LTP on my Windows 10 machine a few days ago. Works a beauty!

I can't see Josh not supporting Windows 10.

Now, whether it'll run on my raspberry pie connected to my iWatch over an old serial cable via my dot matrix printer. That's the real question. Josh, this better work!
Shoot ALL the things!

betrunkenaffe wrote:I have no doubt the game will be Win 7 and 10 compatible.. that being said, Windows 10 inspired me to just switch to Linux all the time now instead of just having a dual boot.
Well... now I just want to go install the limit theory prototype on Linux and see if I can get it working in Wine. I won't do it, because I'm lazy. But now I WANT to.
Shoot ALL the things!

Online Now