Return to “General”

Re: What about an intermediator ?

Actually the initial release was/is supposed to be for the backers of the project. That's the reason why I said elsewhere that I hoped LT1 hadn't turned into LT2. Josh did say that LT2 would be the game he was making for himself which he said he would consider making available to us when he was ready.

With everything that's transpired I'm not sure how valid that idea is now. If anything he seems to be working on something more akin to a LT 1.5.

I don't think Josh Parnell will let his backers down. I have very strong reasons to believe that fulfilling his promises is high on his list of necessities. Yes, he's bloody hopeless at hitting the time frames he sets and his communication with his backers is pretty ropey now but I'm certain I will get what I've been promised along with all the other folk who decided to back him and stay the course. :angel:

Flatfingers I sincerely believe that you are wrong about LT being just for Josh. I believe that is the purpose for LT2 not LT1. LT1 is for the backers and the world in general, not for Josh. LT is a stepping stone to gain funding so that he can spend all the time in the world working on LT2.

If this isn't the case, then what Josh will deliver to us will be LT2 not LT1. I wonder if Josh has forgotten the distinction between the two games.

Ninja Victor, I agree!

Well, let's say my theory is wrong, and that Josh does have as a primary goal delivering Limit Theory to other people.

In that case, what's the better explanation for the behaviors of this seemingly decent, intelligent person? Why not show more progress in a year after returning, or communicate status to backers? Why wouldn't someone who feels responsibility to backers do those things?

All I can say is that there's evidence for my preferred belief from Josh's own words, that it's consistent with and explains his actions, and that it lets me relax and enjoy the game if he ever does release it.

This is wrong?

Flatfingers wrote:Well, let's say my theory is wrong, and that Josh does have as a primary goal delivering Limit Theory to other people.

In that case, what's the better explanation for the behaviors of this seemingly decent, intelligent person? Why not show more progress in a year after returning, or communicate status to backers? Why wouldn't someone who feels responsibility to backers do those things?

All I can say is that there's evidence for my preferred belief from Josh's own words, that it's consistent with and explains his actions, and that it lets me relax and enjoy the game if he ever does release it.

This is wrong?
It's not wrong, getting upset about it gets you nothing, might as well be cool with it.

I think your probably right, though I have always thought Limit Theory has been more about Josh forever experimenting and adjusting rather than getting a finished product out. Limit Theory will probably never be good enough for release in Josh's eyes. Not until Warp Rails version 18 is done and super duper script code language number 58 has been completed.

Again, might as well be cool with it. If we have learned anything, like I said, there is nothing we can do to change this.

Hopefully one day we do get to actually play something, if not, oh well. Life goes on. No regrets.
My Signature

Victor Tombs wrote:Perhaps Josh will clarify, Flat. :angel:
Let me field this one Victor,

" I wish I could show more guys, and I understand the frustrations, but I have been working nonstop and just haven't had time to be more clear on what is going on. I know it's hard, but all I can say is "soon". You won't be disappointed *insert wacky emoticon here* "

All good Josh, I got this one bud.
My Signature

Zanteogo wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:Perhaps Josh will clarify, Flat. :angel:
Let me field this one Victor,

" I wish I could show more guys, and I understand the frustrations, but I have been working nonstop and just haven't had time to be more clear on what is going on. I know it's hard, but all I can say is "soon". You won't be disappointed *insert wacky emoticon here* "

All good Josh, I got this one bud.
:lol: Thanks Zanteogo! :thumbup: I'm sure Josh could do a better job of clarification if he really put his mind to it. *I would insert a wacky emoticon here but they're in limited supply* so i'll use my favourite :angel:

Silverware wrote:
Detritus wrote:
Silverware wrote: I don't think there is a ton of talking involved there :V
They dont live in the same state city any more :(
FTFY. ;)
Same difference. Much distance = very not talk when with each other. :ghost:
I'd appreciate it if y'all kept our personal relationship out of this, please. :lol: :lol: We're still together, and got to see each other this weekend, and probably will next weekend, too. And there's plenty of communication even when we're physically far apart. Skype is a thing, you know :ghost:

That being said, it would put LT in legal danger for me to do any work on it whatsoever, so that's out of the question. I work at a big evil game corporation which would probably try to lay claim on LT if they found out I even made a sandwich for Josh during work hours, so I'd rather stay out of doing anything akin to real work for him for LT's safety.
Ship Inspiration Pinterest!! (send me stuff)

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

Haha, I was more thinking that he should be spending that time with you. (And rightly so, it's his weekend V:)
I've been in a long distance relationship before, it sucks. And one tends to run up a bit of a phone bill. :P
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Talvieno wrote:Whoo, I'm a front runner again! :ghost:

edit ninjas:
Silverware wrote:I've been in a long distance relationship before, it sucks. And one tends to run up a bit of a phone bill. :P
I've been in one for the last two years. :| I know how you guys feel.
I have lived with the same person for the last 20 years.

Please kill me.

;)
My Signature

Online Now