Return to “General”

Post

Re: Where, oh where...

#18
Zanteogo wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Before you get excited, keep in mind that I don't know how high updating is on his priority list, only that he intends to do so in the near future.
Near future? So sometime in the next couple days?! I'm going set an alarm to remind me to refresh the LT forums every 2 minutes and if by Monday Josh hasn't posted at least 3 screen shots, a picture of his family, and at least one vacation photo I'm declaring LT dead, Josh a liar and thief, and that Donald Trump confirmed as the next president of the confederate states of America.
Well that escalated quickly.
Post

Re: Where, oh where...

#19
IronDuke wrote:Why does this forum have no rep button? Virtual +1 anyway to Black. :lol: So truuueeee.

--IronDuke
Well there is a rate mod for phpBB but to set it up Josh would first have to upgrade the forum to the 3.1 phpBB release. The mod in question is very similar to myBB's rate feature.
Post

Re: Where, oh where...

#22
Someone people knows when we are going to see something of this game soon ???

Someone can talk with Josh ? The year finish in 4 months and we dont see any any about this game yet ??? this is a terrible point :thumbdown: the backers on kickstarter begin to are angry ...is almost 5 years and we dont have anything
Post

Re: Where, oh where...

#23
WASAVA wrote:Someone people knows when we are going to see something of this game soon ???

Someone can talk with Josh ? The year finish in 4 months and we dont see any any about this game yet ??? this is a terrible point :thumbdown:
Talvieno wrote:
desius wrote:Is anyone in regular contact enough to say (with certainty) that, "everything is OK" ?
I am. The contact is not entirely regular, but I know for a fact he's okay. He's actually working to get an update out, the last I heard from him (two or three days ago). He never comes to IRC anymore, though.
Do you even read the thread you're responding to? :P
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: Where, oh where...

#24
The problem Dinosawer is that josh dont talk with the people on kickstarter dont explain any ...this is the problem more critical ...

the people on kickstarter says: "Unfortunately, the LT forums are full of people who are willing to encourage Josh's radio silence and total lack of respect for his backers. "
Post

Re: Where, oh where...

#25
I don't particularly care what people in KS say about us, especially when it's not true.
I don't approve of his PR (or, more accurately, complete lack thereof) at all and have said that multiple times.
But he said he's aware of the issue and is working on an update less than a week ago. I'm willing to give him a tad more time than that before I get antsy.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: Where, oh where...

#26
Talvieno wrote:He's actually working to get an update out
He wouldn't have to do a big write up if he just popped in every now and then :roll:
"The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time." —Tom Cargill
Post

Re: Where, oh where...

#28
WASAVA wrote:the people on kickstarter says: "Unfortunately, the LT forums are full of people who are willing to encourage Josh's radio silence and total lack of respect for his backers. "
Whoever wrote that has confused "encourage" with "learned they must tolerate, because complaining has zero effect."

Re-reading this, I need to edit my response.

My "learned they must tolerate" comment was directed at the "radio silence" portion of WASAVA's statement, not the second part. While I disagree with Josh's choice not to communicate with the people who backed this project, I don't have all the facts and I therefore don't make or endorse personal criticism on this subject.
Last edited by Flatfingers on Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Post

Re: Where, oh where...

#29
Daniel wrote:
Talvieno wrote:He's actually working to get an update out
He wouldn't have to do a big write up if he just popped in every now and then :roll:
He's done that enough in the past but it gains us nothing as far as game progress goes. He's posted things like his 'to-do' lists and examples (if I recall correctly) of some code, but there's nothing much he can say or do at this point that will sooth people's concerns - other than some new screenshots so we can at least imagine there's a game in there somewhere...

Since he's basically started over on LT, he's going to be 'coding' a long time until it gets back to where it was a year or two - visually. Sit tight, the ride's got a ways to go yet.

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron