Return to “General”

Pledge Transfers

If you're looking to set up a pledge transfer, it's quite simple.

1. Set it up here
2. Make sure you have a seller and a buyer
2. Work out the details in PM between both interested parties
4. Both interested parties should then PM me, and I'll take care of finalizing it with Josh.

This takes some of the load off Josh's shoulders. Thanks! :)

Note: This system is "first come, first served"; whoever replies first to the thread after someone makes an offer is typically the one that gets the pledge, to help the original holder get the transfer dealt with as quickly as possible.
Last edited by Talvieno on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated
Pledge Transfers

Given recent posts, and because we can expect more in the future, I think it's appropriate to set up a place where a simple transfer agreement between those who wish to sell their pledge and those who wish to buy said pledges.

This should be as simple and as clear as possible, so I feel that comments about these trades should be kept to a minimum. Those who wish to buy a pledge, please state the pledges they are willing to purchase and any amount above the pledge, and those who are willing to sell, please state your pledge level and to whom you intend to sell it to. You can then PM each other with payment & exchange info pending release.

It is my opinion that these trades should be considered valid, especially considering these were to be DRM-Free, unless Josh explicitly says otherwise. Though he is not obligated to, I also feel that Josh should accommodate these trades to the best of his ability, considering how supportive his community has been, despite numerous set-backs.

The Pledge Levels
Spoiler:      SHOW
$15 - Early Bird - The Game, downloadable - 1000av.
$20 - The Game, downloadable - 2145av.
$30 - The Soundtrack + The making-of book + All above - 472av.
$30 - 2 downloadable copies of game - 371av.
$40 - Starting-Region Maps + All above - 88av.
$45 - Beta Only - 435av.
$50 - Starting_region Guides + All above (Not Beta) 213av.
$60 - Beta + All above - 180av.
$75 - Prototype + All above - 332av.
$100 - Disk copy + All above - 48av.
$150 - Boxed copy + Name in the Credits + All above - 39av.
$200 - Full* Map of Default Universe 3827 + Signed Box + All above - 25av.

Probably not going to happen:
$250 - LT Shirt + All above - 7av.
$300 - Signed Poster + All above - 1av.
$400 - Idea sheet w/ development details - 3av.
$500 - Hard Copy Book + All above - 4av.
$1000 - Custom Version + All above - 4av.
$1000 - Elder Council + All above - 8av.
I'll begin.

I'm willing to pay
$100 for pledges with the Beta + Game + Soundtrack, Regardless of your pledge level
$50 for pledges with the Game + Soundtrack
$30 for pledges with just the Game
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can
Re: Pledge Transfers

Unless Eddy wants to sell it for $40 less than your offer I think I'm good. Lol

I'll just wait out release in that case.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Oh well. My opinion on the current state of the game hasn't changed in the least bit, but it you're willing to part with some cold hard cash, I'm willing to hand my pledge over to someone slightly more optimistic than myself.
1x $45 Backer number 1,809, 45$-tier, up for grabs.

BLACK FRIDAY BETA . Yeah, you're hardcore. You like making your own way. You don't need maps or guides to navigate the infinite universe. But what you DO need is early access. With a BETA key in hand, you'll be fighting, trading, negotiating, and dominating, well before the public gets to do so. Of course, you'll also get a download of the game, as well as a digital download of the full soundtrack.

*** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A SPECIAL TIER, AND HIGHER REWARD TIERS DO NOT INCLUDE IT! ***
Estimated delivery: Jan 2014
If Hyperion is really willing to part with 100$ for that, we merely need to discuss how to process the deal.

-Hardenberg
Last edited by Hardenberg on Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

The Kickstarter text said something else. Merely quoting here.
$45

BLACK FRIDAY BETA . Yeah, you're hardcore. You like making your own way. You don't need maps or guides to navigate the infinite universe. But what you DO need is early access. With a BETA key in hand, you'll be fighting, trading, negotiating, and dominating, well before the public gets to do so. Of course, you'll also get a download of the game, as well as a digital download of the full soundtrack.

*** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A SPECIAL TIER, AND HIGHER REWARD TIERS DO NOT INCLUDE IT! ***
This is from the KS backer page. Admittingly, given that at this time both the game and the soundtrack have failed to materialize, the point is pretty moot, anyways.

-Hardenberg
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
The stars my destination

Hardenberg wrote:Oh well. My opinion on the current state of the game hasn't changed in the least bit, but it you're willing to part with some cold hard cash, I'm willing to hand my pledge over to someone slightly more optimistic than myself.
1x $45 Backer number 1,809, 45$-tier, up for grabs.

If Hyperion is really willing to part with 100$ for that, we merely need to discuss how to process the deal.

-Hardenberg
I am willing to part with $100 for that. I can PM you my Paypal information, but I'm unsure how the access and rewards were to be delivered to you. The Kickstarter email survey? Not that I believe you'll cheat me out of my money, but I'll also need some form of proof that I will actually get what I pay you for. Also, The payment will unfortunately have to wait until my next paycheck though.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Main problem that I see is that this'll have to go through Josh, as he's the only one that has proof of the pledge and would be the one to actually give out the pledge rewards.
Until we get word from the man, any pledge transfer would seem iffy at best. I've played enough EVE to recognize a good scamming opportunity when I see one, and stuff like this here definitely requires someone to act as a trustee for the involved parties.
It wouldn't feel right taking your money for the vague promise of sending you the beta access if it ever materializes, I'd rather see some official way of resolving this. And I could totally understand if Josh is unwilling to support this kind of transfers. We'll have to wait for some official response before we can proceed here.

-Hardenberg
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
The stars my destination

The Limit Theory Kickstarter was (at this writing) nearly four years ago in late 2012.

At this point, what's a few more months, or even a couple more years? Why, after four years, suddenly decide that now is the time to try to recover the money one pledged to Josh?

As I said elsewhere, I think enabling pledge transfers is probably a proper thing to do. But it was worth doing on Day One as a courtesy.

I assume wanting to recover one's pledged money, after all this time, isn't about the money; it's an attempt to Make A Point.

Flatfingers wrote:The Limit Theory Kickstarter was (at this writing) nearly four years ago in late 2012.

At this point, what's a few more months, or even a couple more years? Why, after four years, suddenly decide that now is the time to try to recover the money one pledged to Josh?

As I said elsewhere, I think enabling pledge transfers is probably a proper thing to do. But it was worth doing on Day One as a courtesy.

I assume wanting to recover one's pledged money, after all this time, isn't about the money; it's an attempt to Make A Point.
I think perhaps some people assume that after 4 years the likelihood of seeing anything for their money has deminished to the point that they feel that they might as well just try to recover some of it. Though I don't agree, I understand. One has to admit that Limit Theory hype is probably at a all time low.

I don't think it's worth Josh's time to get involved in it to be honest. He has enough stuff to do.
My Signature

Online Now