Return to “General”

Re: Refund request

Now before I get stuck in to this, let me remind you why people backed the LT Project:
Backing a project is more than just pledging funds to a creator. It's pledging your support to a creative idea that you want to see exist in the world.

Now, from my experience, Kickstarter is a mare for modifying backer lists after a project is closed.

From a logistics standpoint, it will be much easier for Josh to simply refund eddy. This way, the Kickstarter backer list will simply remove eddy from the list.
But Kickstarter has no way of adding a new backer to a closed project, and it would be up to Josh to keep manual track of that.

And the jist I received from my experience is Josh doesn't want to do that.

So, here I am. I look to Teddo and he nods his head.

This, is the email I sent to Josh, but I heard nothing back.
Why am I finally voicing this? Because I want people to be aware that the fantastical and wonderful idea of becoming a backer for a project we LOVE, doesn't always happen.

Good luck.
Derek aka FormalMoss wrote: I hope this email finds you well.
I am sending this from my work email, so it "stands out" over the normal gmail emails :)
The topic of this email is to ask if you would honour a Kickstarter Pledge transfer.
You said yourself in a forum post that the best way to get your attention is to use key words in a subject. I do hope you're not angry with my misdirection.

From the LT forum, Spoot1 has asked if I would reimburse him for his Kickstarter pledge of Limit Theory, and I would love to be given the chance of exploring LT Beta when it arrives.
My forum persona is FormalMoss, and I attach a screenshot of the latest PM transcript between Spoot1 and I.

I did a search on Kickstarter looking for instances of previous pledge transfers but I could not find any.

Spoot1 and I would arrange either a bank transfer/Paypal transaction and forward on all receipts to you/Kickstarter to prove that the monies have changed hands.
We would also write an email to say we sent/received the monies due and are happy with the transaction.

One option for you I can only suppose the logical progress from here would be :
- Keep tabs on Spoot1's Kickstarter Pledge when LT reaches it's goals
- Email me in his place (<snip>)
- Repeat same for release of LT
or
Engage with Kickstarter to replace Spoot1's account with mine.

Any software that has been released to the Spoot1 should be left with them.
I want to keep this as simple as possible, and would ask that any software releases be from today onwards.

My only concern would be that you don't want a headache from other Kickstarter backers requesting same.
To that end, I would suggest an NDA for both Spoot and I, that prevents us from discussing these matters with anyone.
There will be no posts on either the Kickstarter or LT Forums, nor anywhere else. Period.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email,

I do hope to hear from you,

Derek
And nice words from a kind LT Forumite, via PM, commented:
It looks like Spoot1 got refunded as he originally asked as opposed to requesting the transfer from the beginning. Sorry to hear that you didn't get the pledge.
Edit: Needless to say, there was no NDA. I've just kept quiet for a year.

Edit2: I only saw Hyperion's post about Pledge Transfers after posting this.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Online Now