Return to “General”

Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#2056
Talvieno wrote:
Silverware wrote:
Talvieno wrote:It's better than it leaking all over the forum and causing everything to be steeped in negativity
Yes, keep the cattle in their pen! :ghost:
Silver, you're not helping. :lol:
You know I never help people. :V

Especially when people come here to post the same things that we already have all agreed on.
Like "Josh not posting isn't good" or "I am upset that this game isn't out yet"
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
Toba - A Development Dump
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#2057
masseffect7 wrote:I posted because I feel the reasoning for Josh not posting is pretty ridiculous and seems like a lame excuse in my view. I see no reason to get all excited about Josh's supposed "return" when he has come back before, only to subsequently abandon the forums for months. To me, the bot excuse is another stall-tactic. I know he has been talking to the mods about it, but the idea of bots being a threat when all we are asking for is a simple update, not the exact specifics of coding or anything like that, is pretty ridiculous. Also, there's also this thing called Kickstarter where he hasn't given an update in over 2 years. I don't think there's a bot issue for him to deal with on there. When I see something lame like this, I'm going to call it out.
Just for clarity - is it your belief that "calling this out" will make the completion of the game more or less likely?
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#2058
@mcsven Not to get philosophical, but I've noticed you take a view of speech where you evaluate the content of it to determine its utility. I reject this view of speech, as I believe more speech is good and I think that the best idea will win in the marketplace. Based on the size of this thread compared to others, it would seem that the general idea that this project is headed in a negative direction is winning. It is not our job to provide moral support for Josh. If you want to do that, feel free to move to Louisiana to become Josh's personal cheerleader.
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#2060
@Cornflakes Noise is not speech. What I'm saying is that everyone is allowed to make their own determination about the quality of the speech/argument, but the quality (or lack thereof) is not sufficient reasoning for restricting someone's ability to say what they think. If they disagree, they can choose to respond or ignore the other person, but shutting the other person down is not acceptable or beneficial, as it prevents an idea from entering the marketplace. I think many of you could benefit greatly from reading some John Stuart Mill.
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#2064
masseffect7 wrote:@Cornflakes Noise is not speech. What I'm saying is that everyone is allowed to make their own determination about the quality of the speech/argument, but the quality (or lack thereof) is not sufficient reasoning for restricting someone's ability to say what they think. If they disagree, they can choose to respond or ignore the other person, but shutting the other person down is not acceptable or beneficial, as it prevents an idea from entering the marketplace.
and reiterating the same sentence over and over and over again adds ... what exactly to the conversation?

because thats the people we are annoyed about.
the ones who say their same 5 words over and over again.
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#2068
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
masseffect7 wrote:@Cornflakes You just don't get it.
you say more speech is good.

i ask you if noise is good.

you say more thoughts voiced is good.

i ask if the same thought screamed through the forum over and over again adds anything.

so where did i go wrong?
You know how when you say the same word over and over it starts to sound weird/wrong?
That's exactly how I think masseffect7 must be feeling about now.
He keeps stating the same shit, every, frakking, argument. Without a change, and without real thought.

Has anyone here stated the definition of insanity? :ghost:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
Toba - A Development Dump
Post

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

#2070
mcsven wrote: stay connected to the forum without posting in this thread over and over.
I'm so glad you feel the same freedom to post your complaints repeatedly as we do to post ours. Isn't it fantastic? The warm embrace of a welcoming community? An outlet for your displeasure?

You are doing the same thing we are, just yelling from a different mountaintop.

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron