Return to “General”

Re: The General Unhappiness Megathread

Grumblesaur wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.
Grumble I generally haven't had issues with anything you do for the most part, and I didn't mean to say I'll ignore you overall.

The whole notion of privacy regarding items shared by a person in non-private space and discussed amongst a community literally created by them is just rather silly, and any notion of policing efforts to hold on to hope that this is anything other than what it is increasingly becoming is just another nail in the coffin.

The quote is definitely something we can agree on, though. And on that note, while I may ignore your comments on that particular topic for what I believe is the benefit of all parties involved, I reluctantly accept that you have every right to say it. I'll never agree, but that is, I suppose, also irrelevant.

kaeroku wrote:Literally the only source of info we have on Josh right now is user-generated, as he's not offering any. Referring to that which he has offered in the past, or info that is publicly available which someone notices, is info. In many ways, by providing that info the people are doing a small amount of what Josh should be doing: Communicating about his status (even in small amounts) which he is not. Whether or not some people find that creepy is irrelevant. If the intent is not malicious it is not doxxing, and should not be treated as poor behavior by mods. If the info is publicly available it is not "disrespecting anyone's privacy" as it is, quite literally by definition, *not* private. And if we're going to be discouraging conversation which is relevant to the developer of the game, then really what's the frakking point anymore?

I'm asking that mods please have some respect for the people here having on-topic discussions, and that if you don't agree it's on topic, you at least consider whether the actions are demonstrably harmful. If they're not, leave us our place to vent and speculate in peace. There's not a lot of happiness, shutting down the bit of info we do have is going to kill what remains. And if I've gotta go looking for tidbits of what Josh is doing at any given time on my own, then there's no real reason for me to come back here. I assume that others feel the same. For those of you who still somehow hold on to the idea that this game is currently in production and viable, well, congratulations, I'm not going to be the one to crush your hopes and dreams, but that doesn't carry over to me, and I (and others) are perfectly entitled to look for info when it is not properly forthcoming from the source who by all rights should be providing it.
kaeroku wrote:
Grumblesaur wrote:Not every time one of us shares our opinion is some official moderator statement. I personally do not approve of the research some of you folks are getting into, but it isn't strictly speaking against the rules. I am not "shutting you down", otherwise I'd have locked this thread a long time ago.
Sorry to burst the bubble man but you're a mod in a position of authority with power over users on the forum. Posts you make are mod posts. You can absolutely say things and intend them informally, but when you make general comments about appropriateness of things, that is automatically made with your authority hat on. I appreciate the comment I quoted nevertheless, because it highlights the fact that what you said wasn't to be taken seriously, which is an important message.

Note that I didn't comment about the other users who shared your opinion other than to say their opinions were irrelevant. Your comment here now places your own comments on the matter firmly in that category for everyone to see.
So to recap: you're advocating that others actively investigate and post about Josh's private life to determine the status of what is apparently a dead game, threatening that you'll stop visiting unless they do, and finishing up by implicitly declaring that your own opinions are irrelevant because you're not a mod?

Let's just say I agree entirely with the first part of the last point.

Philip Coutts wrote:I agree with me... :monkey:
I rarely disagree with anyone nowadays, Philip...well not outwardly. It's such an effort to convince someone they are wrong. I just smile sweetly knowing full well I'm right, like the smug so and so I am. :mrgreen:

It's a good thing I'm a recluse, I'd be so bloody irritating at social events. *chuckle*

Victor Tombs wrote:
I rarely disagree with anyone nowadays, Philip...well not outwardly. It's such an effort to convince someone they are wrong. I just smile sweetly knowing full well I'm right, like the smug so and so I am. :mrgreen:

It's a good thing I'm a recluse, I'd be so bloody irritating at social events. *chuckle*
For the first time, Victor has made me laugh. :lol:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

IronDuke wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:

For the first time, Victor has made me laugh. :lol:

--IronDuke
Vicks Vapor Rub always makes me laugh, I don't know what you are on about IronDuke. :lol:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now